Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ,I’ve got a p0455 code which is a large Evap leak, I finally tracked down the leak with a buddies smoke machine today after a month and a half and getting 9 mpg.Ouch! Anyhow my issue is the corrugated vent tubing attached along side of the filler tube.Can anyone tell me if I can just purchase the tubing or is this part of the complete filler tube kit? I looked at the schematic parts list that nissan has but can’t locate the hose I need or it even being attached to the flller tube.The corrugated tube I need fits on the end of the thin tube circled,If anyone could help with a part number or any other advice I’d greatly appreciate it.Oh my truck is an 08 cc XE. Thank You
Font Technology Science Electronic device Audio equipment
Thank

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick update, I got an answer to my question from the local Nissan dealer,turns out I have to replace the gas tank because the hose is not replaceable.He said it would cost between 950 and 1200 depending on which tank I need.At this point I’m not sure I want to spend that kind of cash,as I would also want to put in a new fuel pump in it as well.Here is a picture of what I’m dealing with,Any suggestions that may help would be greatly appreciated.Maybe the junk yard is my only feasible option.SEE small hole in corrugated hose.
Jaw Font Screenshot Art Display device

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I'd be looking to source something to replace that line. Before I blew $1k on a new tank, I'd try every fuel line option including hard line of the proper ID. Does this part have to be corrugated? It's just a vent hose, correct? Just needs to not collapse, and not be rotted by fuel, I'm guessing?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd be looking to source something to replace that line. Before I blew $1k on a new tank, I'd try every fuel line option including hard line of the proper ID. Does this part have to be corrugated? It's just a vent hose, correct? Just needs to not collapse, and not be rotted by fuel, I'm guessing?
Dubyam,I’m sure I could replace with any kind of hose that’s fuel safe,my worry would be the connection to the fuel filler tube.Right now it has @ square connector,I’m not real sure if I can eliminate that and still have no code.Anyway I cleaned up the hose with brake cleaner and let dry thoroughly,then applied a layer of gorilla tape,and bingo the ses light went out after a short drive.I know it won’t last forever but will be a temporary fix for now.

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Xterra Titan Swap
42 Posts
Dubyam,I’m sure I could replace with any kind of hose that’s fuel safe,my worry would be the connection to the fuel filler tube.Right now it has @ square connector,I’m not real sure if I can eliminate that and still have no code.Anyway I cleaned up the hose with brake cleaner and let dry thoroughly,then applied a layer of gorilla tape,and bingo the ses light went out after a short drive.I know it won’t last forever but will be a temporary fix for now.
exactly what i was going to suggest.

Flooring Gas Machine Fun Drink

1 - 5 of 5 Posts