Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if any of you have followed a few of my threads about "Power Loss" - then you already know the story...

For those who dont... The T drives fine in the mornings/early afternoon but once its after 6ish I step on the gas (all the way) and she barely moves...

I've done the IPDM relay recall, Cleaned MAF, etc...

Today a buddy of mine came over with one of those expensive computers and we hooked her up and pulled a code P1705

P1705 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) [Accelerator Pedal Position (APP)]
Description
Electric throttle control actuator consists of throttle control motor, accelerator pedal position sensor, throttle
position sensor, etc. The actuator sends a signal to the ECM, and ECM sends signals to TCM with CAN communication.

Possible Cause?
Harness or connectors
(The sensor circuit is open or shorted.)

Sure enough is was after 6 so we took the T for a spin and sure enough she was doing the same power loss... The computer picked up the pedal sensor sending full power signal but the throttle sensor not opening up all the way.

Leads of to believe of course that it is the throttle sensor... rite?

anyways... is p1705 for sure a fact that the throttle sensor needs to be replace? Anyone have any idea what the price is from the stealership for it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bump for any help! :bump:
Has your exhaust fallen off after the muffler? Check the wires along the rear frame rail where the exhaust runs over the rear axle. There is a 5v reference line here that is shared by the gas pedal, fuel tank pressure sensor and a couple other things and it will throw that code if you melted that area of the harness.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the same code! I'm working on it as we speak. I'll keep you posted and please do the same. I'm sure we can figure this out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same problem with the wires melting due to the exhaust rusting off. The tail pipe rusted off approximately 2 years ago, I saw no problem with running that way, exhaust was shooting up into the heat shield under the bed. I figured nothing can go wrong..... fast forward 2 years, (07/02/11) while towing my 16ft ATV trailer about 65 mph when the truck died, no warning or noises or smoke, all idiot lights came on and engine quit. Truck would not restart for about 20 minutes. When it finally started, (while getting towed by a rope) it was in "limp mode" no throttle response, and all lights on dash still on. It idled rough at 300-500 rpm. I've changed the ecm relay, cut, spliced, and soldered each wire in the wire pack individually, (about 28 of them) and still having the same problem.

Any answers????????

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I had the same problem with the wires melting due to the exhaust rusting off. The tail pipe rusted off approximately 2 years ago, I saw no problem with running that way, exhaust was shooting up into the heat shield under the bed. I figured nothing can go wrong..... fast forward 2 years, (07/02/11) while towing my 16ft ATV trailer about 65 mph when the truck died, no warning or noises or smoke, all idiot lights came on and engine quit. Truck would not restart for about 20 minutes. When it finally started, (while getting towed by a rope) it was in "limp mode" no throttle response, and all lights on dash still on. It idled rough at 300-500 rpm. I've changed the ecm relay, cut, spliced, and soldered each wire in the wire pack individually, (about 28 of them) and still having the same problem.

Any answers????????

I would think your wires are shot not able to maintain the right amperage or volts. I say you need the OEM harness just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts