Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently bought a 2004 nissan titan and the engine light came on and it gave me the slip light. I got the code p2135. I was told by the previous owner it needed a new throttle body.

"Diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P2135 stands for “Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/ Switch A/B Voltage Correlation.” This code appears when your car's primary computer, which is often referred to as the powertrain control module (PCM), detects a problem with one of throttle and/or the pedal position sensors/switches."

I also set the slip light off trying to reset the ecm or whatever that's called. So I wasnt sure if it was the peddles themselves. The truck does it semi randomly but also sometimes in the same exact turns getting on or off the freeway. But the light resets when I turn it on and off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
King did you ever figure yours out?
Unfortunately no. I've paid to have throttle body replaced and still got the code. I even replaced it myself because I realized how easy it is and still got the code.

Update since the original post: truck doesn't engage in reverse. Just acts like it's in neutral. Drive barely works and sounds like I'm getting grinding in the rear end and my fuel pump went out.

So now in addition to the throttle body whatever issue I have tranny and rear diff problems . Looking for a new truck that's isn't a titan lol.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
You're confusing the throttle position sensor with the pedal position sensor. This code is for the pedal position sensor, it appears. Changing out the throttle body won't do anything to help solve this long term because that's not the sensor indicated.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
And my guess for the grinding is your e-brake. Pull your rotors and I bet you find it in prices, causing the issues with grinding and reverse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And my guess for the grinding is your e-brake. Pull your rotors and I bet you find it in prices, causing the issues with grinding and reverse.
I took it to a Nissan dealership and they put in the first throttle body. They tried to get me to come back another time for a $900+ throttle body not including labor. I said F that and that's when I put one in myself.

My wife did drive with the e brake on and I did some searching and found out that can prevent it from going in reverse too. I found something about the shoe can break into pieces from it. I took it to Les shuab and they said that wasn't the issue and the ebrake was fine. I'm guessing I'm probably gonna have to do that myself now haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts