Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Hehe, I take it you saw horsepower tv this morning too?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I did and obviously so did you. Do you think our Titan could benefit from such a mod? Possibly, this would override the no wide out throttle under whatever preset MPH currently programmed into the ECU? I hope someone tries and succeeds.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
All it will do is send the shift signal to the TCU just like the stock manual shifter would. It has no control of the ECU's maps.

·
Registered
422 Posts
who needs paddles my 07 xe has manual shift on the column shifter and let me tell you it is all in having a f1 inspired transmission that matches that paddle shifter, when i shift manually with the up knob on the shifter i think it shifts slower then when its in drive.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
If you are interested in such a mod, it might be worth exploring if paddle shifters from other Nissan vehicles would retrofit into the Titan. I belive the Maxima, Altima, Rogue, and the Z would have paddle shifters.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've never driven a paddle shift on an automatic, but I frequently driven a true F1 system with an automatic clutch. They are a blast to drive and allow a lot of power to be laid down and shifted quickly. I just don't think I would prefer one on my titan.
<-------- Ferrari 360 Modena---highly recommend it.

·
Premium Member
76,498 Posts
haha as soon as i saw the thread title i knew some one else watched horse power tv haha.

i was going to look at the site then heard the old "available for most models" and didn't bother because most models include "ford, chevy, and GM"

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I like them on my MOMO gaming steering wheel, but on my truck? I don't think I'd like that..... I'm cruising into "geezer" mode.....just ask DR :D

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Yep i watched it to... Id like to see it on our beast's.. I think it wud be pretty bada**! :gunz:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, I thought this subject would promote some good exchanges. I can imagine those with a wing on their Titan would have to include this mod...heheheheh :jester:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts