Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much would it cost to just get a nice single color for the whole truck. no fades or 2 tone. jus one color?

thanks

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
that will set you back a few grand or more.... because they gotta strip it all tape it all and its just alot of labor...or go to macco for 400 :p but they suck

·
Registered
121 Posts
it all depends on what paint you want, but the paint isnt going to be the thing that breaks the bank labor is.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
yeah red rocket.. where are you ? if your close enough my cuzin owns a body shop.. i can see about getting his painter to work a weekend for some extra dough

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
imo a paintjob done in a short amount of time will most likely chip/flake.. i've been paining almost 10 yrs now and I'll tell ya the prep work is 90% of the work the painting is the easy part.. and believe me it'd take me a whole lot longer than 1 week to paint this truck the way i would paint it.. doors would come off, hood would come off, as well as tailgate, would edge in the fenders, door jambs, paint under hood, and do the front top core support (which nissan skimped on) and paint the inner fenders in the engine bay, then re-asseble the whole thing and wet sand all the panels with 400 grit to get all the stock clear coat off cause it sucks.. fix any minor body work, and spray base, then clear it.. then the real fun begins of wetsanding, buffing, and polishing.. after painting my last truck, no way in hell would i paintsomeone elses car for less than 3k took me nearly a month to do it the right way with no orange peel, no defects, was a show stopper for the car shows i attended in cali

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
killcatzforfun said:
yeah red rocket.. where are you ? if your close enough my cuzin owns a body shop.. i can see about getting his painter to work a weekend for some extra dough

im in texas

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
too far lol tampa florida

1 - 7 of 7 Posts