Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got in a fender bender my truck is silver now I have a black fender how much does it usually cost to paint a Titan and where should I take it Macco? I wanted to paint it black mine is silver right now

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Maaco uses cheap materials and does bare minimum prep work. A good paint job will run you 3-4K at least. Changing colors will be even more expensive because they have to take the bed off the frame etc to paint every piece of body work.

If you want a black truck I suggest trading yours in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I'm not really looking for the best paint job ever I just want it to look decent I have a huge crack on my hood and the top of my truck is oxidizing I don't want it to look two different colors but i also don't need it to be perfect cause it's going to get scratched anyway

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do NOT get a paint job from Maaco, whatever you do. It will start to come off only a few months (or less) after you get it. I've had 2 vehicles with Maaco jobs (done by previous owners, not me) and they were both nightmares.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Changing the color is pricey, I personally would not do it because you have to disassemble the whole truck to do it right. You need to get the engine bay, remove the front and back glass, bed needs to come off, headlights, taillights. It would cost thousands. I would keep the same color and take it to a reputable body shop for a decent paint job.

Reactions: beachside321

·
Registered
14 Posts
Recently got in a fender bender my truck is silver now I have a black fender how much does it usually cost to paint a Titan and where should I take it Macco? I wanted to paint it black mine is silver right now
Take the black fender off, sell it on craigslist , call a Nissan parts yard , and buy a good factory silver fender and bolt it on , wayyyyyy easier and cheaper than a paint job

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts