Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased an Infiniti Q50 off our lease. The conversation came up about a Ceramic Coating option package, which I eventually declined. I have been using Auto Armor paint sealant and polymer wax on our vehicles for about 13 as that was part of our rust protection kit, and frankly seems to work well. My Titan and the paint looks excellent considering the harsh winters it has to endure, but it is a lot of work each year and somewhat expensive.

The promise of Ceramic Coatings is tempting, but not without its own drawbacks, such as using mild PH neutral soaps for the ceramic coating, more difficulty and attention to detail of the application of the product, and higher costs.

Curious to what products you guys are using on your vehicles and feedback for both sealants and ceramic.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
This made me think of my Ford Contour that I had. It was a first year 1995 and it was a beige champagne color really nice looking car. I used of all things dura shine soap and gel wax only on the life of that car. 155,000 miles and my paint looked like it came off the showroom floor. Someone fender bendered me after 100,000 miles and my body shop asked me when did I get it repainted. I for some reason have failed to maintain any vehicle since with it as it was hard to find. I will have to look for it again I am pretty sure it is still made first soap and wax that you didn’t have to towel dry or towel rub the wax in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
908 Posts
Wrong forum- there's a separate section to talk about this. Here's a link to my last post on using a ceramic coating on my '08 Titan:

https://www.titantalk.com/forums/detailing-truck-care/384545-coating-test-titan-shell.html

Since my '08 KC LWB is too long to fit in the garage, the ceramic coating gets a yearlong beating from the weather and abundant sunshine here in Colorado. There's also other discussions on alternate coatings (including ones sold/provided by dealers) available in the detailing forum, so you're not the only one curious about them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts