Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Thats what I'm talking about. Where did you get it? I want details! Gotta have that for here in FLA. We have bugs that will carry your kids away!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a CLEAR Lund Interceptor

I had mine both ordered and painted by a local detailer (he farmed out the painting) - $90.00 installed. You may save a couple of $$ if you order online, then find a local shop to paint it. Though I suspect the hassle isn't worth the few dollars you save. Good luck.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,096 Posts
newenglandtitan said:
I'm very please with this painted look (painted on the reverse side) - even standing in front of truck, you have to look twice to notice it. ...and it already has 2 chips in 3 days.
That looks nice. The chips are in the plastic bug shield? Hopefully it will hang in there. My sister went through 3 bug shields already. She drives alot for her job and the bug shields keep getting beat up and breaking.

·
Registered
278 Posts
FLfinfan said:
Thats what I'm talking about. Where did you get it? I want details! Gotta have that for here in FLA. We have bugs that will carry your kids away!
So true.... :jester:

Now to find canteen green to paint mine to match... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lovebugs -- YUCK

FLfinfan said:
Hey don't forget about lovebugs. I like the look of the painted protector, but it might be more of a hassle for folks in high bug areas ... like Florida. Love bugs make a absolute mess and eat paint quickly. I was hoping to install a protector (deflector) to avoid some of the paint damage. Sometimes its hard to pay attention to bug removal when you vehicle bakes them into the paint all day under the sun.

That said ... again, I like the look of them painted. hmmmm

What do you think of the lovebug/paint issue in FL FLFINFAN?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Sorry I didn't get back to this post sooner, been busy getting my cargo door fixed and repainted.
I have had bug deflectors on all my trucks, saves alot of trouble later. Here in FLA the love bugs will eat your cars paint if you let them. I ordered my clear Lund deflector from the same people that will install my tonneau this Sat. It will cost $85.00. I will try to find the right place to paint it. The guys that fixed my cargo door said he would paint the deflector for 50 bucks. Seems high so I will shop around.
PS... the deflector should work good here, it's painted on the back side. If the front side gets nicked up or smudged or whatever I have this stuff that is basically clear plastic restorer. It's used for re-newing old headlights that have gotten white and foggy looking. Works like a charm on the old ragged out bug deflectors. Looks good as new when done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts