Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever painted or powdercoated OEM steps on there T?? Mine are crome and starting to pit/rust. Was thinking of getting them done until I can upgrade my steps to NFabs. How hard would it be to do? I am thinking Powdercoating is the way to go for durablity. Any pics from anyone?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As Well...

I called a couple coating places in town here and they said if they are chromed then they prolly cant PC them?? This true??

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the OEM steps and I think they are plastic chrome I have a 2007 LE

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I think I might just sand them down and bedline them. They get so beat up anyway it will be easier to touch them up. Anyone bedlined OEM steps?

·
Registered
777 Posts
I thought of PC'ing my aftermarket oval steps white to match.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Here's a pic of my painted nurf bars on the Armada:

Before that I had painted the running boards:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx for the pics.

Are they powdercoated or just painted? How is it holding up? I fear that the winter sand on thr roads would beat the crap outta the paint?

·
Registered
763 Posts
I had a friend of mine paint the boards, nerf bars, roof rack, engine cover, cowl, etc. everything has held up fine. a few scratches on the bars as my wife uses them to get in, but nothing major. Powder coating would probably hold up better, but 3 years and no probs!!

Reactions: CanadianKid

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mine are bedlined. You can see them in my sig photo (I think)

I did mine the beginning of last year. The only prep I did to them was clean them with Acetone first. Didn't prime or sand. I did 4 coats, and it looks as good as it did when I first did them. No fading, chips, or anything.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
How are your bedlined OEM stepsides holding up?? been thinking about doing mine. Did you just spray the entire thing or did you take off that plastic step? I was just thinking about spraying the whole damn thing without even sanding them.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I bedlined my steps last summer, and after our rough northeast winter (and a handful of drive thru car washes), they held up great. I didn't even sand them, and they still held up great!! Bedlining is the way to go.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mine were chrome and I gave them a sanding with 120 I think? not over the top, more of a scuffing. simple green and then water and air dry vertical with the end caps off. Bedlined with rustoleum spray and they came out awesome. Just did them recently so I cant comment on how they last, but based off everyone elses words I chose to do these and my wheels.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Sweet. I think I'm gonna do mine soon. How many cans did you guys use for each side?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
221 Posts
I cant say for sure as some was leftover from my wheels, but I want to say a can each should do it, but have a third handy in case/and for touch ups?

But really... buy a hundred cans because you'll end up bedlining everything in north america.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts