Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all..i was wondering for all of you that had your rear bumpers painted to match your truck where you got it done and how much it cost you..some pics would be nice too! any info helps :) thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I painted the bumper myself. Just match up the color code and have somebody mix the paint for you. I painted my center star on my rims at the same time. I took about 6 hours to completely disassemble the rear bumper, prime and paint. Waiting for the paint to dry took the longest.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44,891 Posts
I don't have a great picture of it, but I got mine painted black because I kind of have the blue/black combo going on on my truck.

Local shop did it for $70, but I removed it and re-installed it.

Here's a pic so you can see how it blends.

·
Registered
261 Posts
any tips on getting the bumper off?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yep. Don't try to remove the bumper from the brackets. Unbolt the brackets from the frame. It's easier. Oh, and don't try to do it yourself and tape around the edges where they wrap around so if it does slip, you don't gouge the paint.
I'm actually having mine done sort-of as we speak.
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
378 Posts
About $160 which, IMHO, is more than it should be. But the truck is already in for some other minor body repairs so I'm trying to kill 2 birds with one stone.
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
powdercoated mine. front and back. i had the chrome bumpers. you can see in my signature the middle section. it's not exact matching but it was $70 each. VERY good deal. other quotes i got were like 200 each.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Here's what mine looks like now...other than dirty, that is:hi:
Cheers, Lee S.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
I was going to do mine black but red looks better

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anyone have any info on a new style of rear bumper or some kinda after market one? I am in need of a new one. I have a 2006 XE 4x4. Thanks.

Vanessa

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lee,

Yours looks great. That's my color also. I'm looking to buy an XE bumper just so I can have it painted to match my red truck. I'll have a chrome bumper for sale.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts