Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten their rims refinished? I have stock 18" wheels on my 08 Pro-4x and I'd love to get painted black.....I dont wanna plasti-dip as it will just chip off the first time I take it to a tire shop. I wouldn't mind paying for professional work if it wasn't too expensive. Obviously if too expensive I could just buy new wheels. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Powder coat them if you want to spend the money and make them look nice. Bedliner if you want to go on the cheap cheap.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Go with powder coat, it'll look better in the end.

Bed liner is okay, but harder to keep nice looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
mine avve been bedlined for about 5 years now, did it myslef and probably cost me about $100, including the cost of a sander to remove the finish.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you take it somewhere to get powder coated? What type of shops tend to do that?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Do you take it somewhere to get powder coated? What type of shops tend to do that?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Many machine shops do it, some auto body will. Best is to do some research for your area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 951jimbo

·
Registered
42 Posts
I actually tried doing the steps not with my truck wheels, but with my MSA offroad wheels for changing the color from matte black into red. Looked really great, but have to see how the paint would hold after some atv runs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
spend the money & get them powder coated if you want to keep the rims. I did my wife's MDX's winter rims 2 years ago. the chrome was peeling & chit. after powder coat they looked better than stock. some shops can even do multi-colours, if you're into that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts