Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently swapped my chrome front end for the XE all plastic front end and am about to weld a roll pan on and shave the tailgate but I have questions about paint/body work from anyone who might know:

1) How much paint should I buy? I'm painting it back the same color so door jams and under the hood are not getting painted. And I'd like to get at least three coats of base and three of clear. I was thinking a gallon and a quarter would be good enough?

2) What is the best body filler/bondo to use over a welded seam? I've heard Evercoat is a good brand but does anyone have any other ideas from experience?

3) I have a tear on the front bumper I need to patch with a fiberglass stitch patch. Does anyone have experience doing this?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any advice would be appreciated...

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I've always used 3m and ppg products. On the bumper make sure to sand the crack into a v shape and lay your fiberglass in it with multiple pieces that get bigger as you layer it. And if you can lay a strip or 2 on the back side of it to give it some support.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice man. I actually thought about it today and might just get a new front bumper since the repair will be a little more extensive than I thought because I hit a damn pole. I do have some more body work to do so your input is still very helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts