Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for those of you with some time on the Titan. Is it a pain to park in your typical suburban setting (e.g. supermarket, Kmart, etc). Do you prefer to back it in, or go head first? Do you wish it had rear wheel steering available as an option (like GM's quadrasteer)?

·
Registered
780 Posts
backin' in

i back in, using the tow package mirriorS
and bum & grind (Ok, 'tap') in parallel parking

·
Registered
4 Posts
Open Space

I usually like to park a little further out. That reduces the chances of some knuckle-head dinging up the ride. :gunz: Plus I have plenty of room to maneuver and can pull straight out when it's time to go. If the above is not an option, it usually takes a short parking lot tango (once in, back-up a bit and straighten out, then one last surge forward) to swing the truck into the stall properly.

·
Registered
330 Posts
This is a big Ride coming from a Toyota Tacoma!

I also park away from Bozos that yes I could go ballistic on even if it were someone else's vehicle..Nothing makes me madder than lack of respect for other people's hard earned property.

Which brings me to one of my pet (peaves?) Why do obese people qualify for handicap stickers? Should theirs (mine included) be farther away from the building (food). Doctors give these things away at the drop of a hat. Only seriously handicapped and senior citizens should qualify. Half the people taking up their spots shouldn't be there.. P.S. have You seen Hummer's and other SUV's and Monster trucks parked there that the person would need a stepladder to get in the vehicle...

Sorry guys and gals I lost it for a minute!

·
Registered
4 Posts
hotmeds said:
ElNegrito, are you a professional photographer? Those are the best pictures I've seen on this site. I've got Red Brawn on order, after seeing your pics I'm glad I chose wisely.

:upsidedow
hotmeds, thanks for the compliment :cheers:, but I am not a professional photographer. I simply read (ie: look at the cool pictures) too many car/truck magazines and try to mimic the shots/angles I see. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Instant gratification from digital cameras. Hope you like the color even more when your truck is delivered.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I backed my Titan into a powerpole tonight at a car parts place. The dark tinted back glass hid the pole that "jumped behind" my truck. Luckily I had a tow hitch connected and it didn't leave a scratch on anything. I would advise anyone that has trouble backing up, like I do, to leave the hitch and ball connected to protect your Titan.

I can see the advantage of the Tundra's electric back glass in being able to roll it down in dark areas at night to aid in backing up. Tinted glass at night makes things hard. I bet we see electric back glass on Titans in '05.

Robert

·
Registered
823 Posts
Robert, I do better backing up because of the rear parking sensors on my truck. It's judging the front that's kicking my butt. I think I'm right up against a pole or car and it turns out I'm 5 feet away. That short nose is great but is taking some time for me to get used to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts