Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the part number for the DR coilovers? Would it happen to be #58610? Also, can the same DR's be used for a stock suspension setup as well as later on when a 4" spindle is added?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,865 Posts
he sells the spindles without front shocks, so I'd imagine they're for use with stock height shocks :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
can the same DR's be used for a stock suspension setup as well as later on when a 4" spindle is added?
Yes, no problem. Pretty popular setup...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
loufish said:
Yes, no problem. Pretty popular setup...
i understand that DR's and cst spindle lifts are a popular setup but the question was... is that the correct part number for a Titan application? also greg states on the prg website that any other setup besides stock should call before ordering. that leads me to believe that a longer coilover needs to be used with a lifted application. yes/no??? basically why i'm asking is that i found a pair of used DR's from a guy in my town that had them on his Tacoma, and was thinking about buying them (if they're the correct part number for the titan) and then later down the road when some money is saved i would be adding the cst spindles and upper control arms. which leads me to my next question... how safe is it to buy a set of these shocks used?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,182 Posts
TitanmediC said:
i understand that DR's and cst spindle lifts are a popular setup but the question was... is that the correct part number for a Titan application?
hmm ... I think I know where to find a DR part number. Probably the Donahoe Racing website has it.

Here's what they say: http://donahoeracing.com/prod_detail.php?productID=26
However they also call both there 2wd and 4x4 rear shocks "Front Shocks", and have for a very long time. Lol What is it with suspension guys and their websites ...http://donahoeracing.com/product_results.php?make=Nissan&model=Titan&year=&submit=Go+>
I'd call Greg before you bought, because HE KNOWS, and he often has used stuff too. 951.780.5331 Btw, Pacific Time and he's an early-bird type.

Also, the spindle lift is basically like a stock suspension ... 4" for free, but it's for 2wd Titans only. :crying: O.k. it's not free but has little detrimental affect on on the suspension, steering, any angles or joints, and maybe? alignment. So, the DRE coilovers, (only one size for the Titan currently as far as I know), works perfectly fine with a stock Titan, or a spindle lift Titan, w/o adding aftermarket upper A-arms.

TitanmediC said:
also greg states on the prg website that any other setup besides stock should call before ordering. that leads me to believe that a longer coilover needs to be used with a lifted application. yes/no???
There are coilovers that will work better for specific applications. The new PRG valved long length SAWs for bracket lifts, and for prerunners the mid length SAWs ... but you need a PRG UCA for about $600 for this, or the older TC UCA for slightly less. If buying new, the SAWs are a little less, but require an aftermarket UCA.

TitanmediC said:
basically why i'm asking is that i found a pair of used DR's from a guy in my town that had them on his Tacoma, and was thinking about buying them (if they're the correct part number for the titan) and then later down the road when some money is saved i would be adding the cst spindles and upper control arms. which leads me to my next question... how safe is it to buy a set of these shocks used?
Different p/n for Toyotas and the Titan. Buying used, (Titan model coilovers), is safe since these can be rebuilt and re-valved. They have a lifetime warranty for most stuff except seals. I've thought of selling mine for around $750 plus shipping, and getting the mid-length SAWs for the additional droop, especially since I already have the Total Chaos UCA, but it handles so damn good on the curves I think I've decided not to sell them. I highly recommend them for any stock Titan, and they will also level it if you wish.

Btw,I still want to buy the PRG valved rear 2 1/4" SAWs. Supposed to have more travel than the 2.5" rear SAWs!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Nope...the 5-8610 is for an older Tacoma. The Titan coilover is #8-1000. They are different can and shaft lengths, and the valving is really different due to the weight of the Titan.

- Jon




TitanmediC said:
Anyone know the part number for the DR coilovers? Would it happen to be #58610? Also, can the same DR's be used for a stock suspension setup as well as later on when a 4" spindle is added?
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top