Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrgh. 2006 Armada. Nice last day of summer, drove with the windows down. When I went to put them up, the passenger front power window refused to move at all.

1. Tried both the driver's switch and the passenger switch. No luck.

2. Tried inserting the key into the driver's door and holding it on "lock" until the driver's window rolled up, but the passenger window still doesn't go up.

3. Weirdly, power door lock switch does not work either - on both sides. If I use the remote, the doors will lock and unlock just fine, but the switches on the doors do not work.

I'm thinking it's a bad switch? I popped the passenger door panel loose and took off the switch (window and lock) and reseated the connector, but no luck.

I searched the archives, and found some threads on this topic, but not sure if it applies to my 2006. Any ideas, suggestions, comments?

What is a Body Control Module (BCM), where is it located, and how would it be related to the windows, if any?

Thanks in advance!

--Dennis

·
Registered
942 Posts
The body control module is a central hub for several electronic components that join together. There are usually several body control modules for different components in a computer system or electrical system of a vehicle...but I do not think this is the source of your problem, it sounds to me like there is probably a relay or fuse that has gone bad somewhere in the electrical line of your master switch for the door locks and windows. The driver side window is usually on a seperate fuse than the passenger window and door locks, which would explain why you are having these symptoms. Check all your fuses, then check your contacts on your master switch on the drivers side door, if you possibly spilled something on the switch or rain fell on the switch, etc, you may have some oxidation build up on the contacts for the switch.

Hope this helps a little in your troubleshooting extravaganza.
P.S. your master switch on the driver's side door IS a BCM..body control module:popcorn:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Titan-ization said:
The body control module is a central hub for several electronic components that join together. There are usually several body control modules for different components in a computer system or electrical system of a vehicle...but I do not think this is the source of your problem, it sounds to me like there is probably a relay or fuse that has gone bad somewhere in the electrical line of your master switch for the door locks and windows. The driver side window is usually on a seperate fuse than the passenger window and door locks, which would explain why you are having these symptoms. Check all your fuses, then check your contacts on your master switch on the drivers side door, if you possibly spilled something on the switch or rain fell on the switch, etc, you may have some oxidation build up on the contacts for the switch.

Hope this helps a little in your troubleshooting extravaganza.
P.S. your master switch on the driver's side door IS a BCM..body control module:popcorn:
Much thanks! I took a look at the fuses - none are labeled for the power windows. I pulled a couple that could theoretically be the window fuses, but both were fine. Does anyone know if the windows are fused separately? Or where a relay might be?

Haven't pulled the driver's side module yet. Will call dealer in the morning, see if they have any ideas. Darn it. :crybaby:

vty,

--Dennis

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course, of course.

Started up the truck this morning, no luck. Still not working.

Called Glick Nissan in Westborough, MA (near my office), described the problem, asked them if they had the power window switch (door) modules in stock. Was told that they had the driver's side master control module, but not the passenger side one. Dropped it off, described the problem in detail.

Got the call just now. Tech got into the truck... and all the windows work just fine. :bangit:

Told that it's probably an intermittant short in the driver's side control module. Asked how they knew it was the driver's side module, if they can't reproduce the problem. Told that the tech has only ever seen the problem on the driver's side.

Ok, let's install a replacement module then, because the last thing I want is for my wife and daughters to be out and have the windows get stuck down - especially if it's raining, or if they need to park it in an unsecure location.

Uh, sorry, we don't have the part in stock. Huh? You told me this morning you had the part in stock - that's why I came here instead of the dealer I bought it from (opposite direction of my office). "Yeah, that's what my parts guy said, it's the same part number, but it's for a pathfinder and not an Armada."

:bangit:

If it's the same part number, then isn't it the same damn part?? If it's not the same part number, then someone made a mistake in looking up the part, right?

ARRRGH.

So, am now in need of suggestions for a good mail order place to order this part (and if anyone has the part number, that'd be perfect!)

Thanks,

--Dennis

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Are not still under warranty? If you are why would you need to order the part.
Anyhow the PN for the power window switch assembly is 25401-7S201

BCM - Body control module, controls all things electrical, door locks, tire pressure sensors, lights, door chimes, ect....

·
Registered
35 Posts
A lady at work recently bought a new Pathfinder. The passenger window stopped working. Here's the funny thing, it WOULD roll down with the key fob. The dealer had to order a new master switch I think.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
baseballfanz said:
Are not still under warranty? If you are why would you need to order the part.
Anyhow the PN for the power window switch assembly is 25401-7S201

BCM - Body control module, controls all things electrical, door locks, tire pressure sensors, lights, door chimes, ect....

Nope - only 2 years old, but 44k miles, so out of warranty. Thanks for the PN!!! Presume that's for the driver's side?

Thanks,

--Dennis

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thclimer said:
Oh man you are not having good luck.

Here are a few on-line places to try:

(snip)

Hope you find the intermittent problem; sometimes they can be very difficult to diagnose.
Cool!!! Much appreciated.

And, Baseballfanz, just used that part number to order, I see that it is the driver's side, so thanks again.

vty,

--Dennis

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE:

Ok, after the windows magically started to function normally, I of course procrastinated and didn't get around to replacing the DRIVER'S SIDE window/lock control module. (Remember, it's the passenger side window that had the problem.)

Well, of course, the problem has returned. Thankfully, the window is stuck in the UP position, so it's not critical right now. Also, again, the door locks do NOT work if I try using the power lock button, on either the driver's side or the passenger's side, though the power locks work just fine when the key fob is used.

So I went and bought a replacement switch/control module for the DRIVER'S SIDE. Hooked it up... and no luck. Still not working. Before I go blow some money for the PASSENGER'S SIDE switch/control module, would appreciate any thought as to whether this will solve the problem (e.g., problem is an intermittent short in this module), or if it is SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY.

Logically, I'm thinking that it's a control module of some sort - not likely that it would be a failure in the power window mechanism AND a failure in the power door lock mechanism simultaneously, especially as how the power door lock still work when activated by the key fob.

Real question then is: could it be some mysterious, hidden control module? Or is it likely to be the passenger side switch?

Another question - if I PULL the passenger switch entirely, would (or should) the DRIVER'S side switch operate the window and/or locks? If it did, that would confirm that it's a bad passenger side module. Or does the wiring require that both modules (on each side) be installed for everything to work?

Thoughts, suggestions? Thanks!

vty,

--Dennis

·
Registered
38 Posts
OK here's my problem, on my Titan, my passenger side window is stuck down!!!!! I had this before while driving but after a few clicks it came back up. But now it wont. I hear the switch clicking but nothing happens, also my lock switch does work. Think its the window motor???What sucks is i have it all apart and now, after messing with window now its off track. Any help?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've had the same problem in mine a few times, my passenger rear window wont roll up sometimes on the driver door switch nor the passenger rear door switch but all I have to do is push the window lock button a few times and shazaam, **** rolls up, i know it seems like an easy fix but maybe worth a try for all the trouble you're going through?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: RESOLVED!!! Passenger power window stuck down / open

Late update - problem resolved!

Sorry for the delay in posting this, but the problem was finally fixed by the excellent guys at my local Nissan dealership, Rockingham Nissan in New Hampshire.

After I told them my tale of woe, they started tracing the wiring. Found a crimped/pinched wire at the PARKING BRAKE. Aha! That's what caused the initial failure; I was parked on a steep driveway, and depressed the brake as hard as I could. It would explain why the problem was intermittent; on those rare occasions that I'd use the parking brake, it would jostle the pinched wire, so it'd work for awhile then stop.

Can't believe I wasted so much time on it. Anyone want to buy a pair of power window switch modules, brand new, cheap? :)

vty,

--Dennis

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are a LIFESAVER!

After reading your message I checked the wiring by the brake pedal and voila!
One of the wires was worn through.

Thats gotta be the problem and now I can get it fixed and that should be it.

Do you know by chance if a reset has to be done to the bcm or whatever or if I fix the wire am I done?

Thanks again!!
Glad to be of help!

As far as I know, all that's needed is to have the wiring fixed. And voila!

vty,

--Dennis

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem on my titan if the power switches click u have a motor problem try slamming the door or hitting the motor. my motors get stuck thats why it doesnt roll up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To all the life savers,

I have problems with the passenger window not responding. I can hear clicking sound from both the drivers main console and it's own designated switch but the window still wouldn't anything. I've checked the fuse (which is located behind the Battery area). I've checked that there's no pinched cables or wires around the parking break footswitch area. can any of you help this poor guy :confused::confused: thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same problem here....

both front windows dont work, back windows are so slow to go up.

Nissan sucks a$$...

to get my driver window to go back up, i had to beat the crap out of the motor in the door....

cheap a$$ stepper motors.... not cheap to replace... found online for just under 300 each.... ugh

only four more payments.... only four more payments.... only four more payments....

:soap:

·
Registered
21 Posts
My problem is similar to everyone else. My back windows go up or down slow by the driver switch or sometimes not at all, but work fine on each door in the back seat. My driver window will sometimes not go up or down. It managed to go down today and now I cannot get it to go up. It started with going up slow and then reversing and go back down. Then it stopped. When it is hot in the middle of the day I can get it to work flawlessly. I am stumped. No pinched wires, will not work with key in door. Any suggestions would be great?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My problem is similar to everyone else. My back windows go up or down slow by the driver switch or sometimes not at all, but work fine on each door in the back seat. My driver window will sometimes not go up or down. It managed to go down today and now I cannot get it to go up. It started with going up slow and then reversing and go back down. Then it stopped. When it is hot in the middle of the day I can get it to work flawlessly. I am stumped. No pinched wires, will not work with key in door. Any suggestions would be great?
Do you think it's electrical, or is it mechanical in nature - i.e., a sticky regulator in the door makes the window difficult to slide, thereby triggering the safety defeat (to prevent the windows from crushing fingers or catching necks)?

FWIW, I have a pair of door switches, new-in-box, for sale - driver's side (all four windows), and front passenger switch. Bought these before I discovered that my problem was caused by a pinched wire in the driver's footwell!

vty,

--Dennis

1 - 20 of 43 Posts