Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passenger rear seat lifts w/o pulling lever... "tooth" in mechanism looks broken?

Ok... so I was just now taking a heavy package out of my Crew Cab. I had both rear seats folded up. As I let the passenger side one down I let it drop from about 1/2 way up and heard a clink noise.

Upon further inspection I can now lift it up w/o pulling the release lever. Once up it will stay up and you have to pull the lever to put it back down. The driver's side requires you to pull the lever to put it up and down.

When in the up position you can see what appears to be a missing little chunk from part of the mechanism. It's hard to describe w/o a picture, but it appears the tip broke off when I let the seat drop too hard and now it won't stay latched down.

I've only had my truck a week so I cannot be 100% sure it wasn't already broken, but I'm 99% sure because I think I would have noticed it and I most definately hear a little clink when I dropped the seat. Also, the break in the metal looks fresh. I cannot find the little piece anywhere.

Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone know if nissan sells the release mechanism on it's own?

I test drove 2010s.... I could have sworn Nissan did away with the release lever and that you just pull the seats up and down?

Thanks,

Brian

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts
Re: Passenger rear seat lifts w/o pulling lever... "tooth" in mechanism looks broken?

I have to lift the lever to raise either seat in my CC.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Passenger rear seat lifts w/o pulling lever... "tooth" in mechanism looks broken?

To be clear it's 100% broken, but I just don't know if I did it just now or if it was broken when I got my truck and I just now am noticing. I've only put the seats up a few times and cannot remember if the passenger side would go up w/o using the lever.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Upon further inspection it looks like it's one of these two parts:

1. [88642] STRIKER ASSEMBLY-REAR SEAT

2. [88130] HOOK ASSEMBLY-2ND SEAT,RH

I'm betting it's 88130 "Hook Assembly" that broke... anyone ever have this happen? I guess it's a no-no to drop the rear seats when putting them down and best to let them down easily?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts