Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new-to-me 2005 Titan Crew Cab SE with just under 54k miles. I'm "upgrading" from a 2004 Titan King Cab LE with just under 68k miles (for sale!).

Anyway, the truck is in overall great shape, but the passenger seat on the new truck will not recline (manual, not powered) and is stuck in its current position. It looks like one side of the seat is releasing to recline when the lever is pulled, but the inside side isn't. Have any of you experienced this problem with your seats?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It looks like there may be a Nissan Technical Service Bulletin on this issue (NTB 05077). Has anyone had this TSB done?

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Im having this problem as well. Anybody else had this or have a fix?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im having this problem as well. Anybody else had this or have a fix?
Look up that TSB I mentioned earlier. I had to do some digging, but I found a site which lets you look at a couple per month for free. You basically take the seat out, manually "decline" it forward, then drill a hole through the connector rod that connects the recline gears on each side of the seat. Then you stick a small pin in the hole. Cost me about $1 and I did the labor myself (about 30 min). It worked for me.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I need some help. I have similar problem. Unmotorized passenger seat was stuck in recline. I took it out and located the bar that goes accross. I can see the bar rotating on both sides and I can hear the seat release on the door side, but the side near the console turns but doesn't release. Although it did grudgingly once move to the upright position and is now stuck upright. I tried looking up the number posted here and I find a website that tries to take me to a place where I can buy the solution, but then that webpage never loads. Does anyone have an exploded diagram of the seat that I can reference? Can somebody give me more specific instructions as to where I need to drill the hole and what I need to do to take the seat apart in order to do that? I suppose I should also mention that it's possible that it may not be working because the frame of the seat appears to be rusty and so my problem might be rust in the release mechanism. I sprayed it down heavily with penetrating oil. I also need to order a replacement floor mount bolt because the old one had a rounded off head when I removed the seat....any good resources for this?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Found the copy of the TSB for this problem. I added it to the TSB thread

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts