Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Pro4x CC, about 48k miles.

I've had the truck for about 6 weeks or so, wipers have worked with no issues even as recently as 2 days ago.

We had a fairly cold/snowy/icy morning and I went to start the truck and turn the wipers on to defrost the windshield. The driver side wiper worked fine, but the passenger side was stuck in some ice. I freed it up, but it's just dead. Seems like the linkage is broke or the splines on the pivot shaft are stripped. Both seem unlikely, but I'm not sure what else it could be...

Does anyone have any insight? I guess my best option is to just remove the cowl cover and dig in...

Attachments

· Registered
2,940 Posts
The arm may have slipped off the splines. Just pop the cover off the top and unbolt it to see if that happened or if you stripped the splines. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes and you don't have to remove the cowl or anything. If you get it off and everything looks fine try using the wipers to see if anything moves.

· Registered
5,684 Posts
Frequently, you can respline a wiper. As Lax indicated, check the wiper arm mount to the shaft. You may be able to just re-seat it and tighten the bolt holding it and fix the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.