Nissan Titan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought the auto light stalk for 50 bucks he advertised on here and he stated it was new (it wasnt ) he told me over the telephone where he bought it they wanted a 35% restocking fee...he just texted me today he bought it from another member on here...long story short it isnt compatible on my truck doesnt even fit. so he wants me to ship it back and i dont have a problem doing that, but i sure dont think its fair to have to pay for shipping when he sold me an item that he claims is for an 08+ and its not. shipping is 20.00 what are your guys thoughts heres the add

08 and up stalk with auto and fog light

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
If he outright lied about where he got it, he should cover the shipping back. If he made the mistake, he should cover the shipping back. Either way, the buyer should be made whole if the item is not as described. I suppose if you bought enough stuff you might forget where you got something, but you sure wouldn't forget that you tried to return it to a commercial business and they wanted 35% to restock it.

EDIT: I didn't see anywhere in the ad where he said it was bought new.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
His ad doesn't state that it is new. If you guys discussed that over the phone, it becomes a he said-she said situation.

However, if he states it is for an 08+ and it isn't then I don't think you are liable for the shipping.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i was under the impression originally it was used but then when we spoke over the tele he told me he bought it new and they wanted a 35% restocking fee so he said i figured i would sell it on TT and share the wealth. i honestly dont care about it being used i just wanted my fog lights to work and now he says" i never said it was for a titan" i have a text message from him saying "its for a titan" so i filed a claim with pay pal and we'll see where it goes. thanks for the input gents

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I can see where the confusion sets in. Here is the description of compatibility for a Titan with auto lamps.

* 2004 Titan XE & SE 4x4
* 2004 - 2005 Titan SE 4x2
* 2005 Titan XE & SE 4x4 without Off Road Package
* 2006 Titan with auto-headlamps (not for 2007-2008 model)
* 2004 - 2007 Armada (all models) (not for the 2008)

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
I think its ok that you pay shipping back. its not his fault you failed..

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
why wouldnt the light stalk work? I thought these are the same on all models. I do know its either auto lights or non auto but it should still work.

·
Registered
512 Posts
why wouldnt the light stalk work? I thought these are the same on all models. I do know its either auto lights or non auto but it should still work.
I am confused as well. If you have auto lights you buy the auto stalk.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:bangit:
I think its ok that you pay shipping back. its not his fault you failed..
, he seemed like a good guy when we spoke over the phone but he totally bs'd me. he knows it. how did i fail??? he failed to go out of the way and make sure it is/isnt compatable with ALL 08+ titans.

its completely different, i took the old one out and sent him pics side by side it doesnt even line up. he said it would fit an 08+ in his add so we spoke over the phone then via text and he texted me it is for an 08 titan. he said he had an armada and they sent him a titan stalk... anyways the 8 pin connector is in a different spot and the whole unit is wider than my stock unit so it doesnt even slide down the glides in the column.

im not a little b!tch i just want everyone to know thats what he did to me reguardless of what the outcome is. shows all the character he has:kiss:

·
Registered
433 Posts
i understand your frustration. at least you got your item.. mine got lost in the mail and only the sender could file a lost package claim with ups and he never could get the papers filed out correctly or something and said he didn't have time to deal with it.... we take our chances with buying stuff off of other people

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I was in a similar situation of bout 500 bucks with another company. I filed a claimed via paypal, and they said I still had to cover shipping back. I filed a claim with BBB, and they said if I wanted anything done, I would have to cover shipping. Same with my credit card company I used to pay for it...

Sorry to say, but just suck up the shipping cost since its only $20. My shipping cost was $65 IIRC.

I originally thought that if I didn't do anything wrong, and the seller sent me the wrong/defective item, why should I be dinged for it? It's a norm that people follow. Crappy norm if you ask me. Hope everything works out for ya!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I would have to agree with Bills1974. I've met him a couple times and hung out and I don't think he's the type to try and pull one over on someone. I'm sure that it was a simple mistake and he probably just didn't know. I don't know what was said between you two, so I'm just going off of what I know of him. Good luck with all of this.

·
Premium Member
58,759 Posts
I've net Scorpion and bought a couple of things from him. I had no problems at all. He's a good guy. I think there must be some kind of misunderstanding.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I bought this stalk on the forum when I tried to install it It didn't work on my Armada so I called the guy that sold it to me ALEX and ask him and he told me maybe because it's for a Titan that's why it's not working. So I said ok I'll sell it on the forum to someone that will enjoy it. I never scammed anyone in my life not on this forum or any other forum. And the people that know me can vouch for me. But you sir are a liar I never told you it was new nor if I knew 100% that was for a Titan when we spoke I told you the exact story that I bought it and it didn't work for me. Now for everybody else when he paid for it he told me he needs it fast so I paid $19 shipping with Fedex in a special box so he could be happy. All I told him is ship it back to me and I'll refund your money is that to much to ask??? After that he started to insult me. So now I say let Paypal deal with it.
PS the guy that sold it to me is 04BlackTitanSe

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
yeah i was under the impression originally it was used but then when we spoke over the tele he told me he bought it new and they wanted a 35% restocking fee so he said i figured i would sell it on TT and share the wealth. i honestly dont care about it being used i just wanted my fog lights to work and now he says" i never said it was for a titan" i have a text message from him saying "its for a titan" so i filed a claim with pay pal and we'll see where it goes. thanks for the input gents
I told you I bought this from a member on the forum you liar how can he ask me for restocking fee!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
many places have the customer pay shipping back to the seller. Not getting in the fight, just saying shipping at time is on the buyer unless it is a BIG company.

:hi:

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I met Scorpion at the OT meet and didn't get the impression that he's shady. Seems to me there was some kind of disconnect and breakdown in communication.

I'm sure the both of you can work it out ...:cheers:

*** Just buying a switch won't make the auto headlamp function work. You still need the light sensor and possibly BCM programing...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I met Scorpion at the OT meet and didn't get the impression that he's shady. Seems to me there was some kind of disconnect and breakdown in communication.

I'm sure the both of you can work it out ...:cheers:

*** Just buying a switch won't make the auto headlamp function work. You still need the light sensor and possibly BCM programing...
Gary when I was talking with this guy I told him that I don't know what or if it fits i even sent him pictures and he told me that he talked with the dealer and it fits that's why he bought it in the first place I don't have a Titan and I made my self clear on that when he asked me about fitment that's why he asked the dealer

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.