Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to setup a paypal account. I told a seller yesterday that I wanted to buy something from him and he wants a paypal account. It also would have made it faster to buy from tech12volt when I ordered my box/sub.

Anyway, I put in all of my info and it said I needed to verify my account. I put in my account # and routing # and now it says it made a deposit into my account and wants to know how much the deposit is and that it can take 2-3 days for it to show up. Is there anything else I can do so I can get this guy paid and get my PRG level kit any faster?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
When I did mine paypal deposited 1 cent into my account.They do this to verify that you gave the right account info.I had done mine in the morning and the deposit showed up the next day in the afternoon.If you can log into your acoount you should be able to use it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
vipzach said:
I am trying to setup a paypal account. I told a seller yesterday that I wanted to buy something from him and he wants a paypal account. It also would have made it faster to buy from tech12volt when I ordered my box/sub.

Anyway, I put in all of my info and it said I needed to verify my account. I put in my account # and routing # and now it says it made a deposit into my account and wants to know how much the deposit is and that it can take 2-3 days for it to show up. Is there anything else I can do so I can get this guy paid and get my PRG level kit any faster?

Thanks!!
hi, it sounds like your only two options are to either wait for the deposit(s) to show in your account (mine had 2 about 6 years ago, both under .10), or have a friend with paypal pay him, then just pay your friend.

·
Registered
639 Posts
PayPal is great unless you need to use there customer service department. If you do, you had better speak a bit of Vietnamese, Indian, and Indonesian if you want to understand the person on the other line. Also, PayPal is not known for it's airtight security.

·
Registered
196 Posts
That deposit will probably show up at the end of the business day or midnight of the day they make it. Sign up for free online account access to your bank account. You may get access right away and can check the deposit amount and verify tonight. Some banks are tougher - they insist on sending your password for the account by mail, which won't help any.

·
Registered
273 Posts
vipzach said:

Thanks!!

Call your bank in the morning and see if the deposits shows up. If so you just have to go back to paypal and tell them the amount they deposited. your account will be open for business but it won't have a confirmed shipping address. You better ask the seller if he requires this as some won't ship without it because they are not covered by paypal. Next step will be to confirm your shipping address.

·
Premium Member
17,123 Posts
Warning: Never ever respond to any emails regarding paypal. They are pretty much all scams. If you need to do anything with your paypal account, go to the paypal web site and log into your account. Do not click links in any emails asking to verify account info.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bestatchess said:
Warning: Never ever respond to any emails regarding paypal. They are pretty much all scams. If you need to do anything with your paypal account, go to the paypal web site and log into your account. Do not click links in any emails asking to verify account info.
Thanks for the warnings! I think I have it setup correctly. Maybe I will need it again sometime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts