Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around and didn't really find an answer so I am wondering if the SAW's that I got in my PRG 4" package would work w/ the ProComp stage 1 front spacer? Contemplating more lift down the road so checking my options.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,053 Posts
You would be the first that I know of to do it. I don't see why it wouldn't work, you might need a set of UCA's though and have to back the preload off completely???

Greg would be the best to call.

Maybe sell them and buy the longer shocks??? You'll gain travel that way too and won't have that ugly spacer in there to look at.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already have the TC uppers so good to go w/ those. Maybe Greg will see this and chime in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,053 Posts
Yeti77 said:
Already have the TC uppers so good to go w/ those. Maybe Greg will see this and chime in.
Oh, didn't see it in your sig.


Also, if I'm not mistaken, there are only two different types of shocks within the Radflo and SAW brands. Each have shocks available for 6" lifted applications, and they each have shocks that are for non-lifted applications, which result in 0-3" lift on 4WD and 0-4" lift on 2WD.

Basically like so:

Radflo 2" C/O's: work on non lifted, leveled, and 4" PRG Package, provide 0-3" lift on 4WD, and 0-4" lift on 2WD


SAW 2": C/O's: work on non lifted, leveled, and 4" PRG Package, provide 0-3" lift on 4WD, and 0-4" lift on 2WD
SAW 2.5" C/O's: work on bracket lifted trucks: PC, FT, CST, Rancho...

DR 2" C/O's: work on non lifted, leveled, and 4" PRG Package, provide 0-3" lift on 4WD, and 0-4" lift on 2WD
DR 2.5" C/O's: no longer available


Soooooo, logic tells me that if you have any of the 2" C/O's, you could for sure use them with the PC kit, especially since you have UCA's, which will allow you to crank the preload up a tad more to the lets say +2" setting and have 2" from the shocks and 6" from the spacer????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,301 Posts
no, the stock replacement SAWs wouldn't work w/bracket lift spacer ... you would need to sell them and buy the extended length coilovers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,053 Posts
I'm waiting for PRG to chime in on this one. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Can you provide a more detailed explanation SDTitan, other than a simple "No it won't work" please????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For some reason I too was thinking I heard they wouldn't work. But couldn't find where or who I heard it from. Seeing if anyone had any insite.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,301 Posts
if you compare the top of the stock coilover to the top of any aftermarket c/o, you'll notice how they differ ... the spacer is intended to sit on the flat surface of the stock c/o ... not any aftermarket one that I'm aware of
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,301 Posts
top of the stock strut assembly is what I should've said, not necessarily the coilover ... the steel spacers are intented to fit/bolt onto the top of the stock strut assembly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,182 Posts
54warrior said:
Oh, didn't see it in your sig.


Also, if I'm not mistaken, there are only two different types of shocks within the Radflo and SAW brands. Each have shocks available for 6" lifted applications, and they each have shocks that are for non-lifted applications, which result in 0-3" lift on 4WD and 0-4" lift on 2WD.

Basically like so:

Radflo 2" C/O's: work on non lifted, leveled, and 4" PRG Package, provide 0-3" lift on 4WD, and 0-4" lift on 2WD


SAW 2": C/O's: work on non lifted, leveled, and 4" PRG Package, provide 0-3" lift on 4WD, and 0-4" lift on 2WD
SAW 2.5" C/O's: work on bracket lifted trucks: PC, FT, CST, Rancho...

DR 2" C/O's: work on non lifted, leveled, and 4" PRG Package, provide 0-3" lift on 4WD, and 0-4" lift on 2WD
DR 2.5" C/O's: no longer available


Soooooo, logic tells me that if you have any of the 2" C/O's, you could for sure use them with the PC kit, especially since you have UCA's, which will allow you to crank the preload up a tad more to the lets say +2" setting and have 2" from the shocks and 6" from the spacer????
2" and 2.5" refer to the diameter of the shock body not the maximum lift.

I think only Radflo has the 2" coilover, but all three of the SAWs and DR are 2.5".

Radflo will go on stock, as will DR, and a new version of the SAW, that is similar to the DR.

For the 4" Performance Package, the same DR is used, (with a custom 1" spacer), but a different, (mid-length SAW), is also used.

For 6" lifts or greater, there is a third version of the SAW, and a 2.5" body Radflo, both with and without reservoir.

All Three SAWs have the valving spec'd by PRG so if you buy elsewhere, you might be hosed.

To the best of my knowledge the stock height 2.5" body DR, that is used in the 4" Performance Package, is still available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,053 Posts
NorCal 4x4 said:
2" and 2.5" refer to the diameter of the shock body not the maximum lift.

I think only Radflo has the 2" coilover, but all three of the SAWs and DR are 2.5".
I realized that was the size of the shock body, just assumed that the three mfg's made theirs basically the same with the different sized bodies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,410 Posts
The mount hat goes outside the coilbucket on the SAWs so they wont work with a spacer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kartman said:
The mount hat goes outside the coilbucket on the SAWs so they wont work with a spacer.
That makes sense. I did have to mount the top part on top of the shock bracket. Cool, thanks.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top