Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I beg to differ with mythbusters! (personal experiance)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Mythbusters did have an episode on that and the call was "myth". I wonder how much juice was flowing thru THIS fence, though...:jester:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Remember the old lawnmower motors, no covers, and that spark plug with just a metal clip to connect the coil? We used to love to get kids to piss on the plug of a running lawnmower. And ya only did it once...ONCE.

·
Premium Member
92,271 Posts
Nice jolt. A little anti-climactic, though. He just toppled over. Where's the jumping and screaming and wiggling viloently from the current? :lol:

·
Registered
691 Posts
i saw a pic where guy had his "pud" fried like a burnt peice of sausage from a 3 phase fence

the pics we disturbing

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
WHen I was about 12, we conned a neighbor kid into peeing on an electric fence. One of the funniest things we have ever see. NOw I have to go watch the video.

·
Banned
138 Posts
myth busters is such a load of crap. they get about half of their stuff wrong. they are especially incompetent on their gun related tests. they stated that the colored tip of tracer rounds is what made the light so you could see the bullet. what crap :huh: the light comes from sulfer in the base of the bullet. the tip is painted so you will know what kind of round it is. it has nothing to do with the tracer effects.

if you guys saw the show about how a bullet falling from the sky won't kill someone then you get my drift about their "testing".

scuze my spelling....

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They tend to go to extremes to get things proven "true".

Case in point: the myth that you can be decapitated if you stand into a moving ceiling fan. After their 'tests' at normal operating speed (forget the RPM...sake of argument say 100?), all it did was superficial cuts on a dummy made out of some gel. FYI: they made the dummy/gel thingy to the same tolerances or whatever they said as a human.

So...they ramped up the ceiling fan to like 1000rpm or some crap, and guess what? The myth was 'true' :huh:

Its b/s, since who has a ceiling fan capable of 1000rpm???

·
Registered
461 Posts
i<3mytitan said:
They tend to go to extremes to get things proven "true".

Case in point: the myth that you can be decapitated if you stand into a moving ceiling fan. After their 'tests' at normal operating speed (forget the RPM...sake of argument say 100?), all it did was superficial cuts on a dummy made out of some gel. FYI: they made the dummy/gel thingy to the same tolerances or whatever they said as a human.

So...they ramped up the ceiling fan to like 1000rpm or some crap, and guess what? The myth was 'true' :huh:

Its b/s, since who has a ceiling fan capable of 1000rpm???
If that was true I would have been decapitated a long time ago, Me and my brother use to jump up into our bedroom ceiling fans as kids. The worst injury was a knot the size of a marble on my far head. I guess that splaines my bad memory and lack of attention span when the wife talks. (Sound good)

·
Registered
461 Posts
i<3mytitan said:
LOL, sometimes I wish I had ADD when my wife talks. Other times, I wish I had earplugs
My wife is a special ed teacher, She is always evaluating me. I have her convinced I can't remember sh!t. Especially the honey do list. hehe

:dude:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts