Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard there is a performance chip out for Titans. Anyone get one yet? Anyone know anything about it?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
maxjd1 said:
I heard there is a performance chip out for Titans. Anyone get one yet? Anyone know anything about it?
No "chips", but the best out is the osiris software, put out by a shop in TX thsat specializes in Nissans ands performance. $500 to mail in your ECU or $700 and you can install it yourself with your laptop, data log, uplooad new tunes for free if you put any other performance parts on, and also check and clear trouble codes with the "cipher" software included. As close as you can get to a custom tune, basically it is. This isnt your ordinary hypertech or superchips junk..
http://uprev.com/products/products.html

Oh ya you can flip maps on the fly also which is cool. Performance mode.. stock...towing map..valet.. etc

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
No one has figured out how to calibrate the speedo for tire size changes. Up rev may down the line when they crack the TCM. See Nissan threw another crvball at us and put the computer that controls the tranny.... Inside the actual transmision! thats why we cannot alter shift points and such. Its just a matter of time though, uprev said eventually they will get around to it and give the current osiris owners the free upgrade.

The VKPro from stillen is still kinda iffy. I keep seeing people complaning about check engine lights and such. stillens is more of an actual "chip" though. Its a piggy back that you wire in and go. UpRev is if you want a finer tune, corrected A/F ratios, and diagnostics. You also need a laptop. The one big plus i give uprev over stillen is the 0-40 mph DBW fix. This alone is worth the $$!! Do a search if your not sure what this is, ull be surprised

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Leadsled124 said:
The one big plus i give uprev over stillen is the 0-40 mph DBW fix. This alone is worth the $$!! Do a search if your not sure what this is, ull be surprised

can you save several of us the time it will take to research it ourselves, and give us the "cliff's notes" version? :)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Basically the Nissan figured we had too much Tq for such a light rearend (the Armada does not share this holdback). To keep from breaking the tires loose the butterfly is not 100% opened and does not recieve a full 4volts to the throttle body untill 40mph. Basically your truck as of now would show a HUGE increase in power just like it sits, but with the hold back removed. UpRev fixes this so you get 4volts and WOT (Wide Open Throttle) at 1mph.
Remember our trucks do NOT have a throttle cable and linkage. They are "drive by wire", or "fly by wire" if you will. most new cars and trucks are going this way, but the nissan has this holdback.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The DBW holdback does other things too. You ever try and powerbrake it? Ecu cuts power to the wheels down to 10% if it senses that the brakes are applied. This is a safty feture so you can always overpower the throttle with the brakes incase any situation could ever arise. There is a way to put a toggle switch in to bypass if you wish. this is especially needed for the drag strip, or for some good ol tire roasten fun! Search Burnout Mod for a complete writeup. Good luck!!

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Leadsled124 said:
The DBW holdback does other things too. You ever try and powerbrake it? Ecu cuts power to the wheels down to 10% if it senses that the brakes are applied. This is a safty feture so you can always overpower the throttle with the brakes incase any situation could ever arise. There is a way to put a toggle switch in to bypass if you wish. this is especially needed for the drag strip, or for some good ol tire roasten fun! Search Burnout Mod for a complete writeup. Good luck!!
Don't care to explain it, but I think this feature, if enabled on my truck, saved my *** from a major wreck this past weekend...

PS: what's DBW mean?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lot of interesting feed back. what do you mean change tire size? to what & what difference does that make. And what is drive by wire?

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
maxjd1 said:
lot of interesting feed back. what do you mean change tire size? to what & what difference does that make. And what is drive by wire?
You have the ability to correct the speedo if you ever changed to a different tire size circumference. Drive by wire does away with the old cable activated throttle and does everything electronically instead.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
maxjd1 said:
I googled the year of my truck along with performance chips & it brought up numerous sights.
As Leadsled said there isn't a lot out there right now that is any good. Two choices really, for plug and go Stillen VkPro. Osiris is for the more adventurous and you need a laptop to install it and create performance logs for future tuning. I prefer the proven track gains offered by the UpRev tune and it shaved off .8 from my 1/4 mile time. Good luck and I'll see you at the races.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought a new '08 Titan a few months ago and now has 2100 miles on it. I have severe throttle hesitation when turning out in traffic or U turns when it straightens up, this lasts for a couple of seconds. Does this get better with more miles on it? The dealer said this is normal for the truck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts