Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PHILADELPHIA — Police union officials called for the immediate firing of a city firefighter and aspiring rapper who wrote anti-police lyrics about turning "pigs into bacon bits."

The Fraternal Order of Police on Monday demanded the dismissal of Rodney Jean-Jacques, who raps under the name Cal Akbar.

"I got a surprise for them cops," Jean-Jacques raps, as sounds of gunfire erupt in the background. "I hope the news is taping this, 'cause I'm gonna turn pigs into bacon bits."

The untitled song surfaced last week on a Web site promoting Jean-Jacques' record, "Sin City Vol. 1," and his record company, the Larsiny Family.

Bob Eddis, president of the local FOP chapter, said he gave Jean-Jacques a deadline of midnight Sunday to provide a written apology that the police union could post on its Web site, but none came.

"I think at first it might have been a mistake of the head," Eddis said. "But now I believe it's a mistake of the heart. It's a disgrace. He is a city employee and he should be held accountable for making these statements."
Now lets see how long it takes J Jackson and Sharpton to come to his defense if they try to fire him.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
rholland said:
Now lets see how long it takes J Jackson and Sharpton to come to his defense if they try to fire him.
I doubt they touch this one after the imus thing.

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
rholland said:
Sharpton apparently thinks its o.k. to sing (*) about it as long as he doesn't actually turn anbody into bacon bits.

http://newsbusters.org/node/11986

(*) although apparently talking about it, instead of singing about it, would not be o.k. (e.g. Imus)

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. I say fire the A-hole!!!
No wonder this country is in a shambles with people like that who are aspiring to be "roll models" for our yourh.

·
Registered
562 Posts
sharpton is a worthless $hitbag....he is the pinnacle of racism

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
MarkforGod said:
I could say the same about Imus.
I'm sure you could. Thank god for free speech.:teeth:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Do other rappers have legal ramifications for these types of lyrics or is it just because of his day job?

·
Registered
562 Posts
MarkforGod said:
I could say the same about Imus.

your point being???

·
Registered
201 Posts
Race, rap, and everything else aside, I think he should be suspended, which is what I think Imus should have only gotten, based on the simple fact that its not the proper thing for a city employee to say about another city department. When you work for a company you have to abide by their rules, if not, you suffer the consequences. Like Imus, it was a head executive at NBC or whatever that also pushed to have him fired.

I think if we keep posted issues about race in this light, those who post it are no better than Sharpton. Let's get off of race and see the socio-economic issues present. I never read anywhere what this kids race is...he could be any race, but that isn't the issue. The issue is he said something inappropiate and he should have to pay for it, just like Imus. There are boundaries...

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Can't cheat Karma - Sharpton makes the news for denegrating Mormon religion:

"As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts