Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was watching the install and demo video and at the very end (18:10) you can see the screen displaying that he is playing music through the usb. I know its not much but maybe it does work and they can show another demo showing that it does indeed work

·
Registered
28 Posts
UPDATED: 9/12/19

Source contributors: Pinestar (TitanXDForum), Patrick Folger (FB group: Nissan Titan XD Owners)

Sirius XM radio
Apparently there is no support for it.

The only options are to:
  1. Download the Sirius XM app and stream it. This would require having a hotspot or sim card installed (if the unit take a sim card).
  2. Purchase a Siriux XM Touch Commander module and install it in your truck. According to the the product description found on SiriusXMs website it connects via AUX audio cable or FM Radio.
Information display (center cluster between the Speedometer and Odometer) w/ steering wheel control

You can still access function and control of the information displays in the center cluster using the steering wheel controls

USB & Aux ports

USB port on the console can be hooked up using a mini usb adapter, there is also an additional USB port that can be routed to the glove box.
AUX port: no reports on if this can be retained

Nissanconnect and other infotainment features

Due to Nissanconnect being so heavily integrated into the infotainment system there would be a potential loss of all features supported by Nissanconnect such as:
  1. Nissanconnect app - remote start - CONFIRMED Retention
  2. Nissanconnect app - flash lights and sound alarm - CONFIRMED Retention
  3. Nissanconnect app - flash lights - CONFIRMED Retention
  4. Nissanconnect app - lock / unlock doors - CONFIRMED Retention
  5. Nissanconnect app - parked car finder - CONFIRMED Retention
  6. Speed alert, boundary alert, curfew alert, valet alert
  7. Vehicle health report
  8. Stolen vehicle locator
Automatic heater / AC activation during remote start up

One of the advantages of remote starting is that on hot and cold days the AC or heat is automatically activated after the remote start is engaged to either hot or cold (depending on the weather).

I am not sure if this is a feature integrated into the temperature module or not. With the removal of the stock temperature controls this may be a feature which is lost since the temperature controls are now integrated into the Phoenix unit.

Automatic temperature control

I am also worried that there would be loss of the automatic in-cabin temperature control.
I am currently waiting a response from Phoenix support to see if this feature is engaged from elsewhere in the truck.

Factory Bluetooth microphone

Update: The unit comes with its own built in microphone. Reported by Pinestar that quality is OK.

Will the factory Bluetooth microphone located in front of the sunglass compartment be compatible with the Phoenix unit? If not can you cut and splice the microphones line into the new line?

·
Registered
21 Posts

Sirius XM radio

The only options are to:
  1. Download the Sirius XM app and stream it. This would require having a hotspot or sim card installed (if the unit take a sim card).
  2. Purchase a Siriux XM Touch Commander module and install it in your truck. According to the the product description found on SiriusXMs website it connects via AUX audio cable or FM Radio.
Information display (center cluster between the Speedometer and Odometer) w/ steering wheel control

You can still access function and control of the information displays in the center cluster using the steering wheel controls

USB & Aux ports

USB port on the console can be hooked up using a mini usb adapter, there is also an additional USB port that can be routed to the glove box.

Due to Nissanconnect being so heavily integrated into the infotainment system there would be a potential loss of all features supported by Nissanconnect such as:
  1. Nissanconnect app - remote start - CONFIRMED Retention - source: Pinestar (TitanXDForum) Patrick Folger (FB group: Nissan Titan XD Owners)
  2. Nissanconnect app - flash lights and sound alarm
  3. Nissanconnect app - flash lights
  4. Nissanconnect app - lock / unlock doors - CONFIRMED Retention - source: Pinestar (TitanXDForum) Patrick Folger (FB group: Nissan Titan XD Owners)
  5. Nissanconnect app - parked car finder
  7. Vehicle health report
Status: CONFIRMED Retention - source: Patrick Folger, Facebook group: Nissan Titan XD Owners

One of the advantages of remote starting is that on hot and cold days the AC or heat is automatically activated after the remote start is engaged to either hot or cold (depending on the weather).

I am not sure if this is a feature integrated into the temperature module or not. With the removal of the stock temperature controls this may be a feature which is lost since the temperature controls are now integrated into the Phoenix unit.

I am also worried that there would be loss of the automatic in-cabin temperature control.
I am currently waiting a response from Phoenix support to see if this feature is engaged from elsewhere in the truck.

Update: The unit comes with its own built in microphone. Reported by Pinestar that quality is OK.

Will the factory Bluetooth microphone located in front of the sunglass compartment be compatible with the Phoenix unit? If not can you cut and splice the microphones line into the new line?
This is all pretty positive news, with the exception of SiriusXM...

So has anyone purchased on yet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed mine today. Not had much time to play with it but so far it was worth the wait and the money. All major things function great. I will update more after I have had time to play.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My finger is hovering over the purchase button! I really want this to work! Any updated information wou be GREATLY appreciated! 😁

·
Registered
28 Posts
My finger is hovering over the purchase button! I really want this to work! Any updated information wou be GREATLY appreciated! 😁
I'd suggest joining the FB group Nissan Titan XD Owners. There is a lot of information to be had there regarding the Phoenix system.

·
Registered
351 Posts

Source contributors: Pinestar (TitanXDForum), Patrick Folger (FB group: Nissan Titan XD Owners)

Sirius XM radio

The only options are to:

USB & Aux ports

1. Nissanconnect app - remote start - CONFIRMED Retention
  2. Nissanconnect app - flash lights and sound alarm - CONFIRMED Retention
  3. Nissanconnect app - flash lights - CONFIRMED Retention
  4. Nissanconnect app - lock / unlock doors - CONFIRMED Retention
  5. Nissanconnect app - parked car finder - CONFIRMED Retention
  7. Vehicle health report

On Android and Apple phones you can download the SiriusXM app on your phones and you can stream all of your favorite channels using bluetooth. 5 years ago I bought a lifetime SiriusXM subscription and it came with streaming included at no charge and I use that whenever the SiriusXM new car subscription expires or even when I'm in a rental.

·
Registered
28 Posts
On Android and Apple phones you can download the SiriusXM app on your phones and you can stream all of your favorite channels using bluetooth. 5 years ago I bought a lifetime SiriusXM subscription and it came with streaming included at no charge and I use that whenever the SiriusXM new car subscription expires or even when I'm in a rental.
Which is solely dependant on a cellular data signal. Where as having an actual Sirius XM unit doesn't require a cellular data signal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Waiting for my Invite to the Nissan Titan XD Owners group to be accepted. I really want to know more about this unit, looks pretty solid on their website. I mostly want Android Auto functionality!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts