Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing reuired but OEM tuner, after market low profile antenna and splitter. Splitter required as new antennas only have one and OEM tuner requires two. No OEM mounting brackets, OEM antenna extension, or bulky OEM antenna are required.

1. Remove two screws under lower dash
2. Pry loose lower dash and remove
3. Remove four bolts and then the steel knee plate.
4. Bolt the tuner to back of this steel plate with small brackets in tuner box. As the the plate is curved the unit won't mount flush. I used two sheet metal screws.
5. Plug the splitter into the tuner and the antenna into splitter. Plug N-bus connector into the connection on the antenna side. It will not go into the other one.
6. Route the antenna anyway you want. They are magnetic and have a very thin lead. Mine comes through my Armada back hatch and disappears into weather stripping and the headliner trim, down the A-post and under the dash.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stuck in the center of roof at the hatch. Ran the wire across the weather stripping and tucked it under the plastic piece that covers the width of the rear head-liner. It snaps loose by pulling/prying straight down. I then ran it along and between the trim and the headliner on the left side all the way to the front. Then down the A-pillar and under the dash.

A nylon trim tool makes the job easier and really is a must. Plastic putty knives are too flimsy and metal tools too risky. I manged to misplace mine so I used the handle of a small rubber spatula.

·
Registered
20 Posts
adjmcloon said:
Hey, could you post where you ran the antenna at the back hatch? I've got to install an XM antenna but I'm unsure where to run it.
If you pull the weatherstripping down at the middle of the top of the rear door you will notice a U shaped cut out spot. it was perfect for running my Sirius Antenna Wire through with out crimping it and alleviates the need to cut sheetmetal as the factory instructions tell you to.

My Sirius antenna SIRMINI is mounted exactly in the middle of the rear roof where the upper console bulge begins.

The wire then runs along the roof plastic to the drivers side rear door and then down to the floor where it runs to the lower driver side dash and up to the receiver. The thing I liked about the SIRMINI is the cable length.

I can take some pics if you really need em,.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where can you purchase the oem add-on to connect to my 2006 armada? My sat keeps saying “acquiring” and I was to to replace the satellite module. Any help to,purchasing another would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.