Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been wanting to do the headlight mod but i dont think ive seen a red alert titan with it done in black. anyone got one?? thanks!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Check out 619 Titan's truck. Pretty sure he has it done.

You do it and I'll do it. ha. Gotta use your oven though ha.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he has the red brawn color. its darker than mine. im thinking about doing next weekend. already measured the oven for the light haha

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ahh. My mistake. Well let me know for sure cuz I've been wanting to do mine for a while.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will do buddy

·
Registered
144 Posts
Did they come apart pretty easy?How long did it take?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did they come apart pretty easy?How long did it take?
Ya they came apart pretty quickly i put them in the oven at 300 degrees for 10 mins and took them apart.

I started taking parts off my truck around 1 pm was done painting by around 8pm and had the headlight assemblies back together by 10pm.

That was grille and headlight...However I did 0 sanding just cleaned them up really good and used satin black on the lights. If you were going to do it the right way aka sanding and prep it would take a lot longer

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Ya they came apart pretty quickly i put them in the oven at 300 degrees for 10 mins and took them apart.

I started taking parts off my truck around 1 pm was done painting by around 8pm and had the headlight assemblies back together by 10pm.

That was grille and headlight...However I did 0 sanding just cleaned them up really good and used satin black on the lights. If you were going to do it the right way aka sanding and prep it would take a lot longer
What did you use on your grille? Bedliner?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I say color match them. They will look much more custom and more people will notice.

Not red but you get the idea about color matching.

·
Registered
144 Posts
What kind of sealant did you use to put them back together?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're in luck, I just got finished doing my headlights and my grille about 15 mins ago. I think they came out pretty clutch considering all painting was done in about 16 degree weather.

also, sorry for the dirty truck, ohio winters sucks.

Hope this helps
that looks brutal! thanks man. great looking T!

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I say color match them. They will look much more custom and more people will notice.

Not red but you get the idea about color matching.
i thought about doing the color match but i think it might be to much red up front. who knows..if i get tired of the black i might try the color match

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys, I have considered bedlining the bull bar, but I was thinking that when the weather warms up bedline the front and rear bumpers and leave the bull bar shiny so it sticks out a little bit.

I used black rtv silicone as a gasket

Now all that is left is a 6" lift and some m/t's

·
Registered
142 Posts
ttt. I know it's an old thread but I'm looking for a pic of a red T with red headlight mod. Thinking about doing mine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have color matched housing with smoked ambers. I'll have to get a close up pics when the T is clean.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts