Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new titan well new to me. It's a 2014. What are some good basic mods. I have a 6 inch lift with 35s.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Cold air intake, rear axle vent, exhaust, upgraded fog lights and headlights...just to name a few. Depends on what your looking to do....maybe an audio upgrade.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Best thing to make it run well is gonna be Uprev. Custom diagnostic. Can tell you every detail about your truck when something is right and when something is wrong.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Then I'd start with a CAI and cat back exhaust. You can usually find a used CAI here in the Buy/Sell section. Do a search for exhaust, and you'll find several different systems to choose from. Or check out the complete systems from Cajun Pipes.

Reactions: nightowl

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it best to keep it true duals or go with a y pipe. I was thinking x pipe or h pipe. And how many cats does the truck have?

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Welcome to the Club from Cajun Bpipes. The Ypipe is the proven power set up on these trucks, true duals in 2.25" (no larger) will work but the ypipe single muffler 3" works best and is easier on the wallet. These trucks have 4 cats and the 2 manifold cats are the big issue and cause the manifolds to crack. The bpipe cats can be deleted without throwing codes. The manifolds usually let go from 90-130k miles and then its header/bpipe/uprev time. This is also known as the Cajun Stage 1 package and its the best fix on the market for the manifold issue. 50hp gains are easily obtained totally transforming the truck for the better. These are great trucks and very reliable just have issues with the exhaust set up.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so the pipes coming off the manifold is that a cat or a resonator. ? Those pipes seem very small.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think my 14 with 7k already has the driver side manifold hissing at me. The power increase is obv welcome, but what does this setup do for or to the mpg?

Welcome to the Club from Cajun Bpipes. The Ypipe is the proven power set up on these trucks, true duals in 2.25" (no larger) will work but the ypipe single muffler 3" works best and is easier on the wallet. These trucks have 4 cats and the 2 manifold cats are the big issue and cause the manifolds to crack. The bpipe cats can be deleted without throwing codes. The manifolds usually let go from 90-130k miles and then its header/bpipe/uprev time. This is also known as the Cajun Stage 1 package and its the best fix on the market for the manifold issue. 50hp gains are easily obtained totally transforming the truck for the better. These are great trucks and very reliable just have issues with the exhaust set up.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
I think my 14 with 7k already has the driver side manifold hissing at me. The power increase is obv welcome, but what does this setup do for or to the mpg?
Nothing you can do to this truck will greatly increase mpg, its a 5.6L V8. The Stage 1 has had reports of slight increases .5-1.5mpg but it definitely will not get worse. There is a poll thread on this site about Uprev tuning and mpg reports. Non ethanol gas is the best if you can find it.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
Ok so the pipes coming off the manifold is that a cat or a resonator. ? Those pipes seem very small.
It is a cat but the Nissan parts department calls it a resonator. The pipe measures 17/8" ID in the bends, this kills the trucks potential. My 4cly hardbody had larger pipe than that.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just found that poll. Seems most is all a gain which is great. Is this the best setup for mpg gains AND hp?
Nothing you can do to this truck will greatly increase mpg, its a 5.6L V8. The Stage 1 has had reports of slight increases .5-1.5mpg but it definitely will not get worse. There is a poll thread on this site about Uprev tuning and mpg reports. Non ethanol gas is the best if you can find it.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much louder is truck with catless b pipes and you pipe and a borla muffler. I live in Texas btw will it pass inspection with the cat less bpipes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey.

First post ever. Long time follower on TitanTalk. I have an 06 Armada but I just completed installing JBA headers, Cajun Bpipes and complete exhaust. I have UpRev but yet to install yet as Im waiting for one additional part to come in. The AIRAID intake!

TitanTalk, if you go through the various posts, has a wealth of knowledge. Learn and accomplish through their trial and errors.

Also, if your looking for performance and wish to fix Nissan's shortcomings on this vehicle continue to talk with Nightowl and Seymore4 (Jeff and Joe). I have worked with Jeff as far as the JBA headers and Cajun Bpipes. Im currently working with Joe with Uprev.

Both Jeff and Joe are easy to talk too. Both have answered my questions with great detail. Almost makes me feel like they wait impatiently for their inboxes to fill up just so they can answer our questions. Lol. You will love their products and the customer service through your entire experience.

JBA/UPREV!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts