Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, found this site yesterday.

Getting ready to leave to take delivery of my '04 LE 4x4.

(Dealer is abou 200 mi away :( )

LE 4x4 (Smoke)
Side airbag package
Sunroof
DVD

Can't wait!!

Have a good one!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have great drive back from the dealer. Watch out for cops. And yes, that uncontrolable ear to ear grin is a very common side effect.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Congrats!! And welcome to the site! There are alot of nice and very helpfull people here! I to had a very Long drive to pick up my truck. And I enjoyed every mile! Even though it was a blizzard white-out for over 100 miles! Can't wait to hear back from you and how you like your truck! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I'm getting mine today also, but I only have to go 10 minutes away. But it doesn't mean I can't drive it for 2 hours or more. :upsidedow I will try to post pics this weekend, if I ever get out of it. Big Red is coming home!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOVE THIS TRUCK!!!!

Wow is all I can say. No kidding on watching for cops. Cruise control was a must on the drive home to keep the speed down.

Super tired right now - I'll post a bit more information tomorrow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CaliforniaTitan said:
:cheers:

Congrats on your new 'Baby'.

Chris
Yes, this is definitely our baby. My wife will primarily be driving this daily, and was a bit apprehensive about getting such a large truck, until we took delivery, now she's in love too ;-)...

So - the drive home was awesome, up 101 from santa barbara to fresno - nice coastal drive. Kept cruise beetween 65 and 70 the whole way and just enjoyed the truck. Only event that happened was a guy pulling a large 5th wheel almost lost it to a large wind gust (that we didn't feel - but could see in the trees) and the Titan performed exceptionally when I breaked to stay well behind him then accelerate past him...

Let see -

LE CrewCab 4x4 (Smoke, Graphite/Titanium)
Side-airbag package
Sunroof
Dvd
Utili-track (extender, divider, tray)

Interior - Graphite/Titanium leather. AWESOME! Very comfy, nice cool relaxing ride. I love the feel of the leather wrapped shifter and steering wheel. Great driver experience.

Steering wheel controls - very inovative. I love the up/down operation rather then the button pushing of other cars, very nice. Very intuitive as well and you learn them quick so you can keep your eyes on the road.

Sunroof - wow, very nice. Doesn't let a lot of wind into the car, a little noisey, but that cool. I love the one touch controls. You just touch the button to go from one state the the next. Closed -> Open. Open->Popped up, etc... Very little added noice with it closed but the cover open and the cover eliminated any noice there was.

Backseat - ROOMY ROOMY ROOMY... We were set on either the F-150 or the Titan, until we sat in the back of the F-150! Seriously, I'm 6'6", with the front seats in the most comfortable position for me, I can sit very comfortably in the back. Not so with the F-150, my head touches the ceiling, my knees touch the front seats.. we were sold on the Titan when I got in back.

DVD - Very fun. Not sure how much this will get used, but I like to listen to movie dialog sometimes rather then music, so it's nice to be able to play a DVD through the stereo even with the screen closed.

Wireless headphones - cool. Not sure how much these will get used, but the feature of the NOT working in the front seats is pretty neat.

Heated Seats/Mirrors - It's going to be in the 80s today, so it will take some time to figure out much about these.

Utili-bed - Interesting stuff. Not sure what I'll use the tray for. If anyone has this and has used it, give me some pointers ;-)... I live the divider, seems like a good idea.

Gas mileage - Uh, who cares. Didn't by this for the mileage, but it seemed not to be too bad. The first 300 miles where less then 3/4 of a tank, so that's fine with me.

Problems - We do seem to have the radio problem that's been thrown around here. It got super annoying on the country stretch of the drive home where the radio kept getting louder/quiter/staticy/clear, etc... I don't think it will be a huge problem, as most of the driving will be in good reception areas and CD play anyway. Or go to XM :D...

All in all - we're in love. This is an awesome truck. Mine is the only one i've seen in the area, but i would love to see some more.

If you have any questions for me please ask.

-SmokeyStog-

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
smokey congrats on picking and choosing a top quality truck, i love mine to death and i suspect you too are falling in love with it as well. anyheww, the problems you are experiencing with the radio in regards to the volume going louder and quieter is the SSV setting. SSV stands for "Sound Sensitive Volume" i believe is the name,anyheww as road noise increases so does the volume of the radio and vice versa when you slow down and road noise decreases. you can easily adjust this or completely turn off the function through the treble/bass/fader/balance button. you will see it after the the first four settings. just turn it off if you don't like it, like i did. as far as the other problems with the radio such as static, clarity, the whole sound going from stereo to mono (even when the radio indicates ST signal) nissan is working on correcting that bug right now as many Titan owners have expressed concern.

congrats again and i like the color too. :cheers:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hearty congratulations on your new Titan, SmokeyStog! I know the 'Titan lovin' feeling very well, and always enjoy hearing new owner's impressions...will be looking forward to your future posts! :cheers:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Prometheus said:
you can easily adjust this or completely turn off the function through the treble/bass/fader/balance button. you will see it after the the first four settings. just turn it off if you don't like it, like i did.
Yeah, I figured that out after playing with it, but doesn't seem to correct the problem. Personally, it doesn't seem like the settings do anything different from one another.

Thanks for the help though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts