Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got '08 KC a few weeks ago. Been going on road trips for work lately which has allowed me to spend alot of time in the driver's seat. Well, I have an issue. The seats are so comfortable, but the headrest is not straight up and down like the seat....it points forward. To offset the positioning of the headrest, I find myself reclining further back in the seat to get a slight reclining angle for my neck. In other words, my body creates a sideways V with the base of my neck forming the angle. It's uncomfortable.

Are older model year's like this? Can I get a maxima/altima headrest and put same material on it? Anyone have/had this problem/complaint and done anything about it?

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
I think headrest of todays cars are designed that way for rearend collisions. I have a 07 VW that the headrests are the same way. I hope this helps some

·
Registered
4,898 Posts

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
typehxr1 said:
thanks guys, very interesting

I swapped out the headrests on my 04 for the ones on the 05. You had to actually lay your head back to hit the headrest while the 05 design was moved more forward so you dodn't have to lay back to rest on it.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
I swapped out the headrests on my 04 for the ones on the 05. You had to actually lay your head back to hit the headrest while the 05 design was moved more forward so you dodn't have to lay back to rest on it.
How much you pay for them? I've been thinking about doing the same.

Maybe typehxr1 wants to trade me?

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
PRJ said:
How much you pay for them? I've been thinking about doing the same.

Maybe typehxr1 wants to trade me?
Oh geez...it was so long ago. I wanna say they were about $35-$45 each?...I don't really remember. But well worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts