Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK everyone, it's that time of year again. What's Spring without a Titan/Armada Picnic ?? Sooooooo, we're in the planning stages of our latest gathering of Titans and Armadas. We selected the Elk Grove Park because it seems to be a good central location, and because we've had great participation there in the past. For those who don't live in the Sacramento area and would like to attend the park is just off Highway 99, south of Sacramento in Elk Grove. ELK GROVE REGIONAL PARK

Elk Grove Regional Park is located at 9950 Elk Grove-Florin Road. Take Highway 99 South from downtown Sacramento to Elk Grove Boulevard, and then turn left. Turn right onto Elk Grove-Florin Rd. and the park is just past Elk Grove High School on the right.

While there are some fixed B-B-Q's and tables, it would be best if we can come up with some B-B-Q's, tables, chairs and shade tents. So if anyone can volunteer, please let me know. We would also like volunteers for food items, and would like a best guess count on participants. If I've forgotten anything please let me know and I'll add that. I've requested that this be a sticky so that we can keep it updated and convenient for everyone to monitor.

This is a family oriented gathering, so don't hesisitate to bring the whole family. Glass bottles are not allowed, so bring what you want to drink in cans ( I know Dawgs, you prefer bottles, but !!!!!), and if you have folding tables and chairs please bring them along.

Items Needed (and let me know if I've forgotten anything and I'll add it)
Needed
Appetizers
Chips ----------- Stan
Dips ------------ Alan
Tortilla Chips
Salsa ----------- Stan

Salads
Potato
Macaroni Salad --------- Alan
Green

B-B-Q
Hot Dogs ----------- EGN
Hamburgers ------- EGN
Hot dog buns ----- Stan
Hamburger buns --------- Stan

Condiments
Lettuce
tomato slices
onion slices
ketchup, mustard, relish

Utensils
-------Norcal Titan
Plates
Knives,forks, spoons
Napkins
Cups

Attendees:
Stan and wife, Titan
Dawgs and 1, Titan
ChaseNme + 1 (Tentative), Titan
Christa and two, Titan
RRumaner, Titan (will bring propane grill)
Norcaltitan - Titan
Inqui-Z-Tor (Alan) and two (maybe more)- Armada
Norcal055E (Tentative), Armada
Gom (Tentative), Armada

Rrumaner has volunteered to bring a table top propane B-B-Q.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm in, i'll let you know a little later on what i can bring. Oh and hey Stan, you forgot to put BEER on the list! I'll probably bring a friend or 2, i'll know for sure as we draw a little closer to May.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason I didn't put beer on the list was that previously everyone brought their own drinks. Between Dawgs and I we bring enough beer to float a battleship, but then we manage to drink it before we leave.

I got a note from Jaysplaypen (Christa) and she will be attending with 2 guests. She hosted the first picnic at Elk Grove Park and it was a smashing success.

·
Super Moderator
34,516 Posts
skromfols said:
The reason I didn't put beer on the list was that previously everyone brought their own drinks. Between Dawgs and I we bring enough beer to float a battleship, but then we manage to drink it before we leave.

I got a note from Jaysplaypen (Christa) and she will be attending with 2 guests. She hosted the first picnic at Elk Grove Park and it was a smashing success.
Thread has had a sticky applied.

I've been to this meet/picnic, the people are great, the location is very nice and Stan's wife makes a darn good salsa!

If you live anywhere within a decent traveling distance you should attend!

Wish I could be there with y'all but Tennessee is just a bit too far to drive.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can already hear the chants, We Want Lon, We Want Lon, We Want Lon!! I really wish you could be there Lon, and you know that you'll be missed. Hope that all is going well for you in the Bluegrass State.

·
Super Moderator
34,516 Posts
skromfols said:
I can already hear the chants, We Want Lon, We Want Lon, We Want Lon!! I really wish you could be there Lon, and you know that you'll be missed. Hope that all is going well for you in the Bluegrass State.
Thanks Stan!

BTW, The Bluegrass State is Kentucky, WE are the Volunteer State,
Go Big Orange!!! Go VOLS!!!

Still can't break my 49er addiction though. . . :hat:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
37L1 said:
Thanks Stan!

BTW, The Bluegrass State is Kentucky, WE are the Volunteer State,
Go Big Orange!!! Go VOLS!!! Oops, sorry about that. No disrespect intended. Just old and forgetful.

Still can't break my 49er addiction though. . . :hat:
Well, they at least had a better year than my Raiders !!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I think I'd drive Lonnie crazy right now.....that's just a couple weeks before I enter the Academy.....I'd be all over his leg with questions!!!!

You know I'll be there Stan. I'll look back at the list and comit to brining something.

If you all are lucky......and no one is around....I'll show you how the burn out mod works!! LoL Well...I'd have to leave my wife home for that....she'd kill me!!! I can just see her lying in my floor board hidding after I did it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
skromfols said:
BYOB is good, i was just makin' sure. And like i said i'll be sure to add my name to the list when we get a little closer to May. Good to see we are getting some more people to come. Already sounds great.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Who was that girl with the big boobies!!! That's who I'll be looking for!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Boss Titan said:
BYOB is good, i was just makin' sure. And like i said i'll be sure to add my name to the list when we get a little closer to May. Good to see we are getting some more people to come. Already sounds great.

We had 25 or so a couple years ago!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
I will be there. Sounds like fun and I will finally get to meet some of our left coast members.

I do have a tabletop propane BBQ that I will bring. It should be able to handle a dozen burgers and hotdogs at once.

As time gets closer, I will see what else needs to be brought and ante up.

Don't have much in the way of picnic/camping equipment here in Reno yet. Most of it is still in the house in Chicago awaiting the move.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Roy, I can assure you that you'll enjoy yourself and meet some great people. Since 37L1 can't be there, maybe we can coerce Dawgs into taking over the Elvis impersonation. Remember there was the young Elivs and the old fat Elvis, well, Dawgs could be the tall Elvis.

We just need to start putting out the word now and let everyone know what's happening. Dawgs, you can bring a Hemi friend or two if you really want to.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've never attended on of these but my three year old son will love it. Put me down for Sac_Titan + 2. Someone send me a PM and I'll bring whatever you need. BTW Anyone performing the 2 degree advance while there?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sac_Titan, Glad to hear that you'll be able to attend. And yes, I'm sure your son will enjoy it. I'm not sure what is required to do the 2 degree advance, but if I have a chance I'll check with Elk Grove Nissan and see if they'd be interested. Dawgs and I had it done in Stockton for $40 each. Along with the 2 degree advance I switched from 87 to 89 octane fuel and my mileage went from average of 13.5 to 15.7. Not a bad deal. And it seems to have more pep also. But Dawgs is into performance more than me, so talk with him at the picnic.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm in too! Email sent and let me know what I can bring...

BTW...what is the time for this shindig? (wife works till 5 and I would like to bring her if I can....)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bad news everyone. The store i'm working at just announced it's grand opening for sunday the 19th, and because i'm a supervisor, i have to be there all weekend to make sure everything is ready for the opening. So it looks like i have to bail out on this one, which sucks because i was really looking forward to meeting you all.
Maybe sometime later in the summer.
-Brian

·
Registered
45 Posts
skromfols said:
Attendees:
Stan and wife, Titan
Dawgs and ?, Titan
Boss Titan and two, Titan - Had to cancel
Christa and two, Titan
RRumaner, Titan
Sactitan and two - Titan
Norcaltitan - Titan
Alan - Titan (?)
?? I'm not sure if the "Alan" is me .. but just incase (based upon your email)

Alan (aka inqui-Z-tor) w/wife/1kid (and maybe 1-2 others) - Armada

UPDATE: Will be bringing "spinach dip" and "macaroni salad"

1 - 20 of 91 Posts