Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took some pictures of my truck jacked up and just sitting on the ground to show you guys what it looks like with a 2" leveling kit. It shows how bad it rides the coilbuckets. I have ground off the lip so now the uca hits the coilbucket farther up. Will prg or ucas just like prg ones solve my problem? And what exactly limits the downtravel of the shocks besides banging against the coilbucket? Say if the bucket wasnt in the way, would the strut just max out? Oh, whats this crap in my air filter? It looks like grease.

2011 crew cab pro4x, 2" leveling kit. stock tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And some more....

Attachments

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
The 1.5" leveling kit is recomended by PRG for the '08's and later Titans according to their site, so you might want to switch to one of those. Yes, you would get less contact with any of the aftermarket UCA's, and the most clearance from the latest version of the PRG's.

With the stock struts they will top out if the bucket wasn't the droop stop. Some of the coilovers have internal droop stops. IIRC it's CST that sells an external one that can be welded to the coil bucket to cushion it somewhat. Some people use limit straps.

Air filter ... hmm could be smug from all the hybrid cars.

·
Registered
979 Posts
The crap on your air filter is all the crap that the airfilter stops from getting in your engine, id advise doing the diy air box mod or picking up an after market cai.

As far as the cb to uca contact you should look into rough country uca as a cheap alternative.

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
66 Posts
i clear my whole coil bucket at full droop with the rough country uca's so you could try those out if you dont want to spend as much. i can upload pictures if you like

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 1.5" leveling kit is recomended by PRG for the '08's and later Titans according to their site, so you might want to switch to one of those. Yes, you would get less contact with any of the aftermarket UCA's, and the most clearance from the latest version of the PRG's.

With the stock struts they will top out if the bucket wasn't the droop stop. Some of the coilovers have internal droop stops. IIRC it's CST that sells an external one that can be welded to the coil bucket to cushion it somewhat. Some people use limit straps.

Air filter ... hmm could be smug from all the hybrid cars.
I was considering switching over to the smaller leveling kit. The only thing is that if i got coilovers and leveled out my truck wouldnt the same thing happen? Even with UCA's? i think i have like 3 inches of down travel:bangit:

The crap on your air filter is all the crap that the airfilter stops from getting in your engine, id advise doing the diy air box mod or picking up an after market cai.

As far as the cb to uca contact you should look into rough country uca as a cheap alternative.

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App
haha i know that. I just dont get why it looks like someone dropped a tube of grease or spilled oil in my airbox.

i clear my whole coil bucket at full droop with the rough country uca's so you could try those out if you dont want to spend as much. i can upload pictures if you like
could you get a picture? That'd be awesome.

Thanks for all the responses. i'm tryin to get some UCA's made this summer, we'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
the oem air filter comes with the oil
I would recomend the Amsoil Ea filter

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Honda i will have my RC UCA's up for sale in a few weeks .

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet man. You going to different ones? I just remember how they rc uca's were on your pro4x and they were banging all over the bucket just like the stock ones.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I was considering switching over to the smaller leveling kit. The only thing is that if i got coilovers and leveled out my truck wouldnt the same thing happen? Even with UCA's? i think i have like 3 inches of down travel:bangit:

haha i know that. I just dont get why it looks like someone dropped a tube of grease or spilled oil in my airbox.

could you get a picture? That'd be awesome.

Thanks for all the responses. i'm tryin to get some UCA's made this summer, we'll see how that goes.
The extended travel coilovers require a aftermarket UCA, but the stock replacement ones don't.

Adding preload to a stock replacement coilover to get your current 2" to maybe 2.5" will give a nice ride and no contact, and with most of them the internal droop stop prevents the strut from topping out hard.
2" body Radflo stock replacement coiloversGreg also offers a 2.5" version.
Icon 2.5" body stock replacement c.o.
SAW 2.5" body stock replacement c.o.

Btw, your air filter looks like it might have gotten wet and mildewed.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I bought those total chaos uca's.

·
Registered
519 Posts
If HONDA does not want them I'm interested. Just let me know. Sorry for the thread jack HONDA.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I bought those total chaos uca's.
So they're not installed yet?

I have the impression mine, from around the '06 time frame, don't provide much more cb clearance than the RC's, (which based upon your old posts, seemed like 1/2" or so). The one Chaos advantage would be better tire clearance with stock rims or the aftemarket 9's with 5.71" backspacing.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
So they're not installed yet?

I have the impression mine, from around the '06 time frame, don't provide much more cb clearance than the RC's, (which based upon your old posts, seemed like 1/2" or so). The one Chaos advantage would be better tire clearance with stock rims or the aftemarket 9's with 5.71" backspacing.
No I haven't got them yet. The reason I bought them is I want to run 325/65R18 Goodyear DuraTracs sometime in the future so I couldn't do that with the RC UCA's because they stick out too far as you already know. I was hoping the TC's would give me just alittle more vertical clearance, I guess ill find out maybe next weekend.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
No I haven't got them yet. The reason I bought them is I want to run 325/65R18 Goodyear DuraTracs sometime in the future so I couldn't do that with the RC UCA's because they stick out too far as you already know. I was hoping the TC's would give me just alittle more vertical clearance, I guess ill find out maybe next weekend.
Gotcha. They might be a little better vertically, and probably will clear the new tires. Those 325's look good, same diameter as your KL71's and should pull in to around 12.5" wide if you're running the stock rims. Way lighter too.

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The extended travel coilovers require a aftermarket UCA, but the stock replacement ones don't.

Adding preload to a stock replacement coilover to get your current 2" to maybe 2.5" will give a nice ride and no contact, and with most of them the internal droop stop prevents the strut from topping out hard.2" body Radflo stock replacement coiloversGreg also offers a 2.5" version.
Icon 2.5" body stock replacement c.o.
SAW 2.5" body stock replacement c.o.

Btw, your air filter looks like it might have gotten wet and mildewed.
Thank you! And ya i'm on prg's site like every day...i'm too cheap to spend my money though, i think thats the worst part about bein dutch.

If HONDA does not want them I'm interested. Just let me know. Sorry for the thread jack HONDA.
haha no worries, i jack people's threads all day:bangit:

·
Registered
66 Posts
as requested

the first to show the truck is off the ground, the second and third are of the passenger side and the last 2 are of the drivers side

Attachments

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
What struts, coils, and leveling kit or coilovers are you using?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Those RC uca's clear a lot more than I thought. May have to look into a set..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts