Nissan Titan Forum banner

Pics of Fiberglass Bedside Installation???

22K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Colt germain 
#1 ·
Just seeing if anybody has pics of their install. Im just trying to find the best way to go about it. Should i pull back the bed to get better access to the front of the bedsides to drill out the spot welds? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#3 ·
Yes, you are going to need to take the bed off of the truck to get to the spot welds.

#5 ·
kevdizzle said:
you dont need to remove the bed, all you need is a sawzall.
Ahhhhh....holy crap!!! I think if I was going to do this I might cut up a spare bed from a wrecker and have the original as a spare. :) I just couldn't do it to my truck.:fever:

#6 ·
:fever: i got sick after viewing that pictures:eek: :paranoid:

it would be best if you post some pictures of the finish product for myself and other titan members health :3eyes:

#7 ·
Has anyone else noticed the titantalk.com scratched into the paint above the cut? Thought that was pretty nice of him to advertise like that... =) Lets see some finished pics!

#8 ·
Sorry guys. But thats how you mount bedsides on a truck unless you decide to remove the bed and build a bed cage to mount from. Basically what your doing is "skinning" the bed. Ive done this many times if anyone needs any help or pointers pm me.

#9 ·
Do the fiberglass bed side fenders come with anything to keep debris from accumulating in the top of the wheel well/box area??

#11 ·
Hey Gear...anyone willing to grab a sawzall and start hackin' apart a new truck is a God in my book...I kneal before you!!...lolol

#12 ·
well, how else do you expect to run larger tires and have that prerunner look without lifting 6+. LOL

#15 ·
Holy Sh..!!

Found this and HAD to reply. Dude, you've got some seriously large balls!! I mean, I torched off the front of my frame, but there's no way I could slice up my bedsides with a sawzall!!!

I used a spotweld drill to get a cleaner "peel", telling myself the whole time that I could always put the skins back on (ok...so I lied to myself). I'd be curious to know who's glass you bought, since my Glassworks bedsides would never fit unless the whole thing was removed. Here's a shot of mine after they were off, which we sold on eBay.

Oh...original question, yes you need to pull the bed back to get at the welds. My opinion is the extra time makes for a very clean install. Post some pics when you get it done!!!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.