Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
First, NICE truck..

Second, how close does the trailer get when backing up? Does it feel strange with the pin moved the far back?

Lastly, Dirt Bike? Where do you ride?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice setup you have there.
What brand, model, and size are you towing?
What made you decide on a 5th wheel instead of a travel trailer?

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Very nice, I have been looking into towing options for my Titan. Did not think I could tow a fifth wheel. Was told bed was too short. Can you send me some info on your set up? Thanks.

Vanessa
06' Titan XE 4x4

·
Registered
12 Posts
The reason we went with a King Cab was because we were told you could not tow a 5th wheel with a Crew Cab. How does it behave being extended so far back? Cool set up you've got there!

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
I'd like to see more, better pictures of the truck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will get some better pics of the truck.. The fifth is a forest river this model is made for half ton trucks.. Some one asked where I ride,, all over Idaho usually with in a couple hours of Boise though... I have a 06 crf250x For my 150 pound body plenty of power... Empty the fifth weighs about 5600 pounds... I like how fifths tow, much better than a TT..

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
May I asked what the pin weight is? Not the advertised weight, but the actual real loaded weight..
Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have weighed the back axle with trailer loaded and it came in at 1300 #s. Now when I have my motorcycle on the back of the 5th it is lighter.

·
Registered
686 Posts
That looks awesome. It sounds like the Titan holds up well towing the fifth wheel.

Also, additional pics of the truck and the custom paint job would be nice to see. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sweet setup! I've recently purchased a FifthWheel ( Copper Canyon 297FWBHS ). It should be in within the next few weeks. Dealer said there would not be any issues with pulling the FW, however mods should be made to the suspension. Any ideas??

This concludes my first posting :cheers:

·
Registered
89 Posts
IDAHOTITANMAN, I am seriously thinking of trading my travel trailer for a 5er. Would you mind to tell me what kind of hitch you have and model no.? Looks like what I'm going to need.

Did you do any suspension mods? I have lifted my front end 2.5" but rear is stock.

Very nice set up and a beautiful truck.

Thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
I see now that it is a Reese hitch with a adapter of some sort. Was the adapter a special order part?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Attached is a pic of my 5th wheel and truck. It's a 30' Week-End Warrior Superlite (Toy Hauler). 7000# empty weight. The hitch is a Husky 16K# manual slider. I had the hellwig rear springs on but found it could not level out the truck. I now have the ride rite air springs on which level the truck out with about 30 psi.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
nice setup

·
Registered
366 Posts
IDAHOTITANMAN said:
I pull doubles some times too... I have my dirt bike hanging off the stinger on the back of the fifth wheel, or the boat... Would not want to recommend this to just anyone...
Sorry to bring this back from the dead but....

I can see that the 5th wheel hitch is made By Reese, but who made/makes that style of Kinping extender? and where did you get it?

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
nretsae7 said:
Hello,

Attached is a pic of my 5th wheel and truck. It's a 30' Week-End Warrior Superlite (Toy Hauler). 7000# empty weight. The hitch is a Husky 16K# manual slider. I had the hellwig rear springs on but found it could not level out the truck. I now have the ride rite air springs on which level the truck out with about 30 psi.
Hope you don't have anything go out. If nissan saw this they would void your warranty. The dry weight on a toy box is without options like fuel cell and generator. You know you are over weight once you put water gas and toys.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts