Nissan Titan Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,251 Posts
interior colors

Might help if you look at the handouts that announce the Titan that can be found at the dealership. I checked one and saw that they give interior samples for the XE cloth and the SE cloth as well as the leather in both color combinations. Are they the same as what is being seen in the Titans now?

If not, then something must have changed or do the pictures give an inaccurate rendition of the true colors? :confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Let's take a vote

I believe that the issue is a bit muddy at this point. So what does everybody think?

• The cloth seats are the same as they always have been
  • the cloth seats are different from the original offering.
  • Deepwater is confussed between the leather and cloth, because the leather is clearly darker.
  • Deepwater is spot-on with his theory of color change.
  • The Seattle Seahawks are destined to win next years Superbowl.
  • The interior just photographed darker in the image in question, in the brochure .
  • I don't really care. lets move on to the real issues, like how superior the Titan is to the other trucks in it's class.

·
Registered
155 Posts
This is pretty much a mute point at this time. I still know the interior has changed but I will no longer talk about on this site as we will all tend to agree to disagree. I know one thing we all agree that this is a great truck. I will be happy when the truck arrives as I can't wait to go for a nice long haul. Like I said before this site covers everyone’s issues so SeattleTitan when you say you don't care I say don't read the post or go to a post that interests you. This was a REAL ISSUIE and still is an important subject to several of us, who have trucks on order, we do care sorry you don't. Hope to see my truck before the 23rd and will post pictures as soon as I get it home. Thanks for all the post on this issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
static101 said:
This is pretty much a mute point at this time. I still know the interior has changed but I will no longer talk about on this site as we will all tend to agree to disagree. I know one thing we all agree that this is a great truck. I will be happy when the truck arrives as I can't wait to go for a nice long haul. Like I said before this site covers everyone’s issues so SeattleTitan when you say you don't care I say don't read the post or go to a post that interests you. This was a REAL ISSUIE and still is an important subject to several of us, who have trucks on order, we do care sorry you don't. Hope to see my truck before the 23rd and will post pictures as soon as I get it home. Thanks for all the post on this issue.
I believe you are misunderstanding my post. I don't know what is correct, but I am just trying to get a feel for everybodies opinion in a short and to the point answer. I for one have not even seen the cloth interior. I have only seen the 2 leather interiors in person. So I am just curious. Don't write me off as a skeptic, please. Good day to all.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Derwud said:
So looking at these pictures of an LE, Deepwater, what has changed? The only changes I know of is, the door pull trim strip and the black switch panel from Pre-Production. Am I missing anything?

Derwud,

First off, I appreciate your concern over this issue and your willingness to look into this further. I think your confusion is coming from your view of these trucks as being pre-production LE trucks. What I am trying to convey to you and everyone else is that, these LE trucks that you call "pre-production" models (w/light gray door handles or door pulls etc.. and w/the black/charcoal interior) were delivered to the dealers in my area the first week in December. These trucks were represented by the dealers as new and current production models. I won't be redundant.... I have stated my views on this many times. I don't know why these trucks would be sent to my area if they were "pre production" trucks to coincide during the release of the production truck. If this indeed did happen, there were a lot in my area that looked this way. Thus you understand my confusion and dissapointment. Maybe you wouldn't question my statements or be as harsh if you were in my shoes. Thanks for your concern and hope you can find the answer to this.

Much appreciated,

Deepwater

·
Registered
230 Posts
Deepwater said:
Derwud,

First off, I appreciate your concern over this issue and your willingness to look into this further. I think your confusion is coming from your view of these trucks as being pre-production LE trucks. What I am trying to convey to you and everyone else is that, these LE trucks that you call "pre-production" models (w/light gray door handles or door pulls etc.. and w/the black/charcoal interior) were delivered to the dealers in my area the first week in December. These trucks were represented by the dealers as new and current production models. I won't be redundant.... I have stated my views on this many times. I don't know why these trucks would be sent to my area if they were "pre production" trucks to coincide during the release of the production truck. If this indeed did happen, there were a lot in my area that looked this way. Thus you understand my confusion and dissapointment. Maybe you wouldn't question my statements or be as harsh if you were in my shoes. Thanks for your concern and hope you can find the answer to this.

Much appreciated,

Deepwater
Deepwater, I test drove an LE in Red Brawn 2 weeks ago and it had the interior you stated above. 2 weeks prior to that i sat in a Deep Water LE model with the same interior, so there are Titans out there matching your description.

As far as i know though, this is the only way they come. This color scheme also matches the photos in the brochure i received in late November from Nissan.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Sabre66 said:
I believe the confusion all centered around the fact that (correct me if i'm wrong guys and gals) most of us thought the problem was with the cloth graphite/titanium interior...not the leather interior. Am i wrong in thinking we've all been confusing what we were talking about.

From all the posts i was certain Static101 and Deepwater were saying the cloth graphite/titanium interior was darker before and is now the lighter blue/gray.

I don't think there is one person that has disputed the fact the leather interior is and has always been all dark...at least not that i've read.

Not trying to stir up trouble just thoroughly confused by all these posts. :huh:
Sabre66, I appreciate your comments and concern on this matter. I started this topic because I noticed a change in the Tit/Graph color combination in both models (SE and LE). My concern was whether the changes were just to my local area or nationwide. I focused my views on my particular truck because that's what I have ordered, but there were changes made to both.
Theres no point in me repeating my view on this, you all have or can read them on this site. The original color WAS darker than it is now. My area received some of the first lots of production trucks. The dealers had them Dec. 1st so that must mean they were built late Oct. or Nov. The current trucks DO look different now. Thanks, I hope this clears up your confusion.

Deepwater :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Deepwater said:
Sabre66, I appreciate your comments and concern on this matter. I started this topic because I noticed a change in the Tit/Graph color combination in both models (SE and LE). My concern was whether the changes were just to my local area or nationwide. I focused my views on my particular truck because that's what I have ordered, but there were changes made to both.
Theres no point in me repeating my view on this, you all have or can read them on this site. The original color WAS darker than it is now. My area received some of the first lots of production trucks. The dealers had them Dec. 1st so that must mean they were built late Oct. or Nov. The current trucks DO look different now. Thanks, I hope this clears up your confusion.

Deepwater :)
Yep, it certainly does. Thanx for helping me understand the intial question. With so many posts it was hard to decipher the exact problem. Anyways, i'm certain you will thoroughly enjoy your Titan when it arrives. :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
SeattleTitan said:
I believe that the issue is a bit muddy at this point. So what does everybody think?

• The cloth seats are the same as they always have been
  • the cloth seats are different from the original offering.
  • Deepwater is confussed between the leather and cloth, because the leather is clearly darker.
  • Deepwater is spot-on with his theory of color change.
  • The Seattle Seahawks are destined to win next years Superbowl.
  • The interior just photographed darker in the image in question, in the brochure .
  • I don't really care. lets move on to the real issues, like how superior the Titan is to the other trucks in it's class.
Seattle Titan,
It's one thing to ask questions and get opinions . It's another thing to take a poll or vote, and personally attack someone for his opinions and what he knows to be true! This is also a REAL ISSUE with me and others as I'm sure it would be with you if you were in our shoes. I realize that there are some areas of the country that didn't get trucks until January or later... So, they may have not had a clue as to this situation.

Deepwater

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
static101 said:
RIGHT ON. I have on order an SE no leather. The door panels. seat material etc. has changed. It used to be the dark graphite/titanium interior. How did you read a womans mind??? I am back to the dealers tommorrow.They have lot's of trucks just not mine yet. :crying: Hey Deepwater where are you??
Static,

Hi, I just wanted to get back to you. I appreciate the support, comradery and kind words. I guess only you, me and a few others have similar feelings on this subject. I am expecting my truck any day now! I will keep you informed as I hope you will also. I have been researching this truck since Spring of 2003. I too have made many trips to the dealers. I am very excited and looking forward to receiving my truck (even if it's not exactly as I thought it would be). I hope yours runs perrrrrfect!!! :meow:

Deepwater

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Sabre66 said:
Deepwater, I test drove an LE in Red Brawn 2 weeks ago and it had the interior you stated above. 2 weeks prior to that i sat in a Deep Water LE model with the same interior, so there are Titans out there matching your description.

As far as i know though, this is the only way they come. This color scheme also matches the photos in the brochure i received in late November from Nissan.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your comments and much appreciated opinion. Do you know how long the trucks you are talking about were sitting on the lot?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Derwud said:
All I want to do is figure out what happened and why. I've got some really good sources and have been assured that the colors have not changed at all on the production trucks.
Derwud... Was wondering if you have herd from any of your Sources yet?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well Deepwater I was back at the lot again looking at all the Armadas and all the Titan's they had. Same old story. Not what we were looking for. Oh well I don't want to start that again as we both know how paranoid we are HA HA HA. Hang in there my friend ours are almost here!!!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
All my sources state nothing changed on production trucks and will not change until '05 if they do. That the Pre-production were different than production.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I picked up my Titan with the graphite and titanium cloth interior. The dealer picked it up from another dealer. It had been there about 10 days. I was concerned because of what you have talked about and expressed it to the dealer. I drove two Titans at the dealership before it bought mine. One was deepwater and it did seem that the titanium was a bluer color than I had remembered. The second one was a Nissan reps truck. It had over 6000 miles so it was one of the older ones. It did seem darker to me. I finally picked up my truck. It looked like the darker titanium too. I was very happy. But, I put the Titan in my garage and turned on the garage lights last night to load the CD changer. The titanium looked bluer with those lights.
I think the type of light brings out a blue hue sometimes. I wouldn't think it would make that much of a difference. You may be pleasantly surprised when yours comes in.
BTW, I've purchased almost 20 new trucks for my business and personal, most of them GM and so far I like this truck a lot better than any new truck if ever had. It really makes you want to go somewhere in it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Deepwater said:
Thanks for your comments and much appreciated opinion. Do you know how long the trucks you are talking about were sitting on the lot?
Deepwater,
The first LE i test drove was about 3 weeks ago, just before i bought my Titan. I didn't check the sticker on the door frame to see the build date, but i do know it WASN'T on the lot 2 weeks prior to my test drive. It was a KC LE 4X4 in Red Brawn with Titanium/Graphite leather.

It could have been a dealer trade, but it only had 16 miles on it when i test drove it so i don't think it was.

Hope this helps.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts