Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of the wreck that occurred coming home from an Oklahoma Sooners football game. The amount to fix it was just over $5000. It was my six year old daughters 1st OU football game with dad, and one I'm sure she'll never forget.

MY insurance company had me a check in the mail in less than ten days! Now if I can just get my $500 refund for the deductible from the guy who hit me, we'll be all done. None of us were hurt thankfully, and the Titan protected my daughter who was in the rear cab remarkably.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
ouch, sorry about the truck but as long as everyone was ok thats all that matters.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
What a bummer. I was hit in the exact same spot about a year ago. I am glad you are your daughter are okay. Good luck with the fix.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yikes,

Sorry about the Titan. I hope you and your family are all ok.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DeadRiver said:
truck = 5k

daughter = priceless!

glad you are all sorted out

PRICELESS!!!

I wasn't even the smallest bit upset until I was driving the vehicle to the shop a few days later. Then, I was like, Titan is replaceable, cutie daughter, not replaceable! I was upset for about 15 minutes and then thought to myself... "no biggie!"

The truck looks good and seems to drive relatively the same. I will have the alignment checked out after the holidays.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Glad everybody was ok!!!

Haven't seen you around lately!! Good to see you still around!!

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
and yet another reason I am glad I am driving the titan compared to a small car.

Can't replace the kids.

·
Registered
34 Posts
konigfritz said:
and yet another reason I am glad I am driving the titan compared to a small car.

Can't replace the kids.

technacy you can LOL just kidding im glad your safe

·
Registered
334 Posts
just think how bad could have been in a honda or some small car.....glad everyone is okay.....dosent look like it did a lot of damage...any frame damage???

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nyc07_king.titan said:
just think how bad could have been in a honda or some small car.....glad everyone is okay.....dosent look like it did a lot of damage...any frame damage???

Supposedly not. But you really can't trust anyone in the car business from the dealer to the mechanic. They're all out to F**k you!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Question - why did your insurance pay? The last accident I was in their insurance paid everything - including the rental car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
these trucks are built like soda cans. this past summer I backed into a fire hydrant (like 1 mph) just touch it with the bumper. it pushed the bumper into the fender at the same spot as yours. did over 1500 worth of damage. I'm sure the guy that hit you wasn't going that fast. if you pull the bumper back you can feel just how cheap and flimsy the fender is. good to hear the familys ok.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gksmith said:
Question - why did your insurance pay? The last accident I was in their insurance paid everything - including the rental car.

I filed it under my insurance as a "no-fault" accident to hurry the process of getting my truck fixed. My insurance will be reimbursed by the insurance company of the person who hit me, then I will also get my $500 back as well as rental car expenses which cost me extra because I chose a "premium" vehicle.

·
Registered
250 Posts
glad you and your little girl are O.K. man sorry about the truck but these dang things are replacable im glad you got it fixed though what was the person that hit you driving did it really tear there car up

·
Premium Member
76,514 Posts
TitanThunder said:
PRICELESS!!!

I wasn't even the smallest bit upset until I was driving the vehicle to the shop a few days later. Then, I was like, Titan is replaceable, cutie daughter, not replaceable! I was upset for about 15 minutes and then thought to myself... "no biggie!"

The truck looks good and seems to drive relatively the same. I will have the alignment checked out after the holidays.

yeah, i'll take that small bit of annoyance in life for a safe child anyday!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here are some pics of the wreck that occurred coming home from an Oklahoma Sooners football game. The amount to fix it was just over $5000. It was my six year old daughters 1st OU football game with dad, and one I'm sure she'll never forget.

MY insurance company had me a check in the mail in less than ten days! Now if I can just get my $500 refund for the deductible from the guy who hit me, we'll be all done. None of us were hurt thankfully, and the Titan protected my daughter who was in the rear cab remarkably.
Ouches! Dang
What a bummer. I was hit in the exact same spot about a year ago. I am glad you are your daughter are okay. Good luck with the fix.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts