Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got pics of my Titan. 22'' MB SUV Bruzer wheels with Nitto 420s 305/45/22... Truck drives & handles better than stock 17's. I also fabricated/lengthened rear shackles. Lowered rear of the truck 2''. I had to trim the bottom of the bed to allow for the leaf spring not to rub. Also had rear bumper painted to match the rest of the truck instead of ugly primer grey...

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
Thats a real slick look. How much work was involved with that lowering process? Nice pick on the rims.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to much work, just patience. I have access to a fabrication shop so obtaining the parts needed was easy. I think the most difficult part was cutting the bed lip in 2 spots and then bending the lip up toward the bottom of the bed.. If you look closely you can see I undercoated the area when I was finished... I'm thinking about making a kit that will include everything needed except for the stock shackles and assembly. If I can obtain the stock shackles I may just make the entire shackle ready to bolt on...I am a master technician/fabricator so welding these pieces up is a piece of cake... Let me know if you would like a set and I will get back to you. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice job!!!

Nice job. That is a great "stance". Most people slam their trucks too much. You made it looked like it was designed that way. I love the wheels. I was looking at those myself. Call me weird, but there is something I dig about 5 spokes.

:cheers:

·
Registered
84 Posts
How much $ to mod the rear shackles. I would love to have the 2/4 drop but I don't have $600 to blow. I hate to copy but damn, I need to paint my bumper to.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Man, that shackle design sure looks familiar. Looks like you use the design I put on Titantalk. Works good, don't it. I make and sell them for about $75.00 plus shipping. Glad you liked my design.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Looks good, thats what I was gonna do. I went up in the front instead. Thats the same size wheel and tire combo I got. I wonder how it will look with the PRG level kit. I'm concerned about wheel well gap.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I love the rims. I am looking for a set of 20's and the bruzer is real nice, any chance you could take some close ups of the tire and rim? I have the exact same color titan, and I think it looks sharp with some Graphite/black variation with the chrome rim. The Bruzer is priced right as well. Truck looks great. Thanks - Mike

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Hey RJSPITZ thanks for the info on the price of the shackles. I think I paid like 14.00 apiece. Have to check out that web sight. That will make them cheaper to make. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Just checked out NISSANPART4U.COM for the shackles. With shipping they would cost me about $26.00 for a set and I checked my other invoice and they were $26.69 for a set. Not that big of savings for me because of the shipping cost. Guess I'll stay with local dealer and see if I can get a better price.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Herbpov said:
Just checked out NISSANPART4U.COM for the shackles. With shipping they would cost me about $26.00 for a set and I checked my other invoice and they were $26.69 for a set. Not that big of savings for me because of the shipping cost. Guess I'll stay with local dealer and see if I can get a better price.
Yeah, but if you order 5 sets, it's $9.60 for shipping, versus $8.00 for shipping 1 set. Hopefully you can get a good deal locally, but if not, there's always the option of ordering in bulk.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I'd hate to order that many if I don't have orders for them. I've only done about six set so far. Hate to be stuck with a lot of stock shackles. Even the cost of the grade 8 bolts and steel has gone up since I started making them. Just bought some today and WOW.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts