Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
vizsladog44 said:
We could only afford a Base model but it's ten times better than the made in mexico dodge,and we like it more than all the other trucks we looked at and drove.Kudos to Nissan for an awesome truck!!!
Hey man that's sweet and nothin' wrong with the base model---its still a Titan and still spanks all the other trucks out there!! I like it!! :rockon

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
No need to make apologies for your base model. You have the same 305 hp and 379 ft. lbs. of torque as a $35,000 + Titan. You'll be able to smoke Hemis just the same-just without spending lots of $$$.

·
Premium Member
17,128 Posts
vizsladog44 said:
We could only afford a Base model but it's ten times better than the made in mexico dodge,and we like it more than all the other trucks we looked at and drove.Kudos to Nissan for an awesome truck!!!
Sometimes I wish mine looked more like that. Not so much chrome to polish.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Eyeing XE KC ALSO

VIZSLADOG44,I'm also eyeing a base XE KC.One of the local dealers(New Orleans) is advertising one for $20988-my price range.I just sold my Tundra(good truck),so I have the $$ from it but not much else.The Titan has a great motor,and a tight ride.
Say the sweatshirt on your dog reminds me of when my wife cut up a couple of my shirts and put it on our not too hairy greyhound.They looked a bit goofy,but it did the trick.
Great truck,I like the red color(nice bike also),Charlie

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol...we were at a track day and my dog is short haired and spoiled so the wife put her extra sweatshirt on Brandy.She loved it....LOL

We only have a few hundred miles on the truck but it has a ton of hp.it was also about the same price a s a frontier crew cab and cheaper than all of the other full size traucks.Not ot mention it kicks thier butts.

Attachments

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nothing wrong with a base model. I choose the xe because i'm not a fan of all that chrome plus power windows and power locks aren't that big of a deal for me.

·
Registered
406 Posts
very nice and I agree with what has been said base model or not the titan is heads and shoulders above the rest. The truck color is great. Enjoy it in good health and be safe on the bike

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
LOl......turn 8 at jennings.

Titan4lt...we even have the same bike.
2002 r1 track bike is what i have.
Full hindle race system
stainless lines
ohlins damper
sharskinz body work
pc III(custom map0
air box opened up
bmc race filter
xt lap timer
vortex sprocket
vortex gas cap
and every thing not needed on the track takin off.

Road trip sounds good guys....

Oh yeah,i'm a dealer rep for a company that dist. Arai helmets(for now).

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
That Gixxer of mine is a '99 600. I about stole it from a guy in December...

Full Yosh RS-3
BMC filter
Factory Pro jet kit
Factory Pro shift detent spring
Racetech springs and valves
Fox Twin Clicker shock
Scotts damper
Yosh upper triple
520 conversion w/48t rear
Intuitive sliders all around

I got a list of spares a mile long with the thing. Two spare sets of forks, spare wheels, front and rear stands, even sockets for the rear axle nut!

Right at 10k on the clock.

All this for 3k!

The thing's street legal. I picked up those Sharkskinz and tank from a buddy of mine who used to race a 750 SRAD for $300 complete. I had to do some patching on the skinz, but they turned out pretty well. Good enough for track plastics, that's for sure!

That pic was 4/03/04, and was the first time I'd had that bike on the track. That was my second track day ever. I'm a total addict now. I just need to hang my upper body off and I'll be doing much better. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Let's see if I can figure out how to attach an image here. This is from a Track Day at Barber Motorsports Park. Heading there with the Titan hauling the trailer and some racebikes this weekend. Will be up at VIR in May for WERA Cycle Jam and Jennings the weekend after that.

Racebike Suzuki SV-650
Yosh Race Exhaust
Woodcraft Rearsets
Vortex Clip-Ons, Sprockets (520), Gascap
Sharkskinz
Motul Oil
VP Fuel on Raceday (mmmmmm, crack gas...)
Penske Shock and Forks worked by Traxxion
Some other secret stuff.

Streetbike Kawasaki ZX-6R
Muzzy Slipon
Carb Fondeling
Custom Ram Air

-Steve
WERA Expert #142

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts