Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been considering painting my skid plate for a while now. I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of how it looks black instead of the random color nissan has it, espcially on a white titan. And how do you guys think it would stand up to lots of 1.5 hour drives on crappy highways. My front bumper is chipped to crap already, thats the only thing i liked about my chrome bumper, it didnt chip like nissan's cheap paint.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I've been considering painting my skid plate for a while now. I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of how it looks black instead of the random color nissan has it, espcially on a white titan. And how do you guys think it would stand up to lots of 1.5 hour drives on crappy highways. My front bumper is chipped to crap already, thats the only thing i liked about my chrome bumper, it didnt chip like nissan's cheap paint.

Thanks!
I bedlined the Pro4x skid plate I got from Paul. It looks a lot better than the Nissan color. I just haven't installed it on my truck yet. I have it propped up in my backyard, and the damn dogs keep knocking it over into the gravel. No chips or dings yet!

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
855 Posts
same here. i bedlined mine about a year ago. it looks wayyy better than the grey Nissan had put it.I drive on a lot of gravel and it did get chipped a bit, but no wories i just take it off and spray it again and it looks like new, the chips get filled in with the new coat and it looks good again! id say fore sure do it! ill take some picts today and fire them up tonight.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
come on guys, let's see em!

·
Registered
855 Posts
ok ok heres 2

oh and a pic of my waxed,polished,summer rims put on and new bushwackers!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Did you prep it at all or just hit it with some rustoleum? Truck looks great Colten.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
With mine, I originally painted it using Rustoleum Universal flat black spray paint but I ran out and used bedliner instead.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Thats a good idea that never crossed my mind until your post, think i'll jump on this :)

@colten , Trucks looking good, nice to see another canadian in here. i'm about an hour away from you.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Thanks guys. No prep done, just sprayed 2 coats of the BL.

Pro 4, where are you at? Not too many T's in the Edmonton area on TT.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Thanks guys. No prep done, just sprayed 2 coats of the BL.

Pro 4, where are you at? Not too many T's in the Edmonton area on TT.

I'm in the red deer area

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did my hole front end in bedliner including skid plate and bug deflector. Just roughed up finish and put like 8 coats on the sp. Oh and i let it cure for two days before i put it back on so i wouldnt scratch the bumper or sp.

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App
Looks awesome."idhitit2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all. I'm bringing this thread back from the dead rather than starting a new one. Has anyone painted their OEM skid plate or added text? I look at the TRD 4Runners and I love how they say TRD in red on the skid and I thought I'd love to do something like that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts