·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,565 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I don't do a TT...or manicured campgrounds (once in a blue moon), though I have been known to borrow my mother's pop up tent trailer in early spring and late fall.

I have a 2 room dome tent with a mesh-wall porch large enough for a folding picnic table.. so I'm hardly lacking luxury.. I just prefer the backwoods. My titan usually doubles as the kitchen because of my toolbox mounted work lights.

Yes I'm dragging the bumper of that Datsun bed trailer over every one of those rocks

The whole camp and my 'fancy speedboat' fit in the trailer and I can all but rock-crawl with it attatched

The offspring and the accomplice loading up fishing gear.

Where a lot of people use ATV's to go lake hopping up there on the grand mesa, I use the Titan. I just wish that more of the roads were designated for 4x4 use because not all of the lakes are accessible legally without an ATV, Horse, or more than half a day's hike (The trails are also marked for mountain bikes... but I never see them, and I don't know anyone crazy enough to try and pedal head-sized-boulder paved trails with 45 degree inclines at 10k altitude). I know from hiking many of them (And OF COURSE I've NEVER snuck the T between the boulder lines) that my truck would have no problem navigating the ATV trails..Neither would the old lady's belly scraping behemoth (aka Suburban) if she'd let me put a mild lift on it... After all, not like we LEARNED to drive on stuff like that or anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts