Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
First, you may not need a line driver. The AUX of the 04 Titan required a lot of drive and additional amplification was necessary, later versions of the radio do not require as much drive for the AUX input. I had an 04 which needed a line driver, I now have an 06 which does not.
You may need additional lengths of power and ground wiring to connect those inputs. I would suggest purchasing a stereo audio cable at RadioShack, WalMart, etc to make the audio connections. The behind dash wiring for the AUX consists of three wires - left channel, right channel and ground. I would suggest cutting these three wires at a convenient spot and wiring the line driver in series with the dash mounted connector and the radio. Cut the stereo audio cable into two pieces. Wire one end (center conductors and ground) to the cable going to the radio and the other piece to the dash wiring to the dash connector. Plug these spliced cables into the line driver using the RCA connectors on the free ends. The line driver and cabling can all be located behind the dash.

If you want to make the connections for the MP3 player behind the dash, get audio splitters/combiners (one male RCA wired to two female RCAs) and plug these into the input of the line driver. You can now plug both the MP3 player and the dash connector into the line driver. Considering the MP3 player is the device that is normally used, most of its wiring can be out of sight. If you want to temporarily use some other source, turn off the MP3 player and you can use the dash connector for the temporary source.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas..........I have a stereo cable that goes from my mp3 to the AUX plug...........I only want to use the plug............I also have a portable DVD player for the kid that I use through the truck speakers through the same AUX plug

I was just wondering what else I needed to hook it up to the back of the AUX plug...........And to be honest, I wasn't sure how to do it even after reading the directions on this forum..........

By the way................I have a 2004..........Trust me, I NEED the line driver

·
Registered
684 Posts
I readily agree, the 04 AUX in needs a boost. The simpliest way to do the job is with the stereo cable as I outlined above. The LD has RCA jacks and you will need RCA plugs to connect. Get a 6 foot stereo audio cable, cut it approximately into two halves, then prepare the ends of the cable to connect to the dash wiring that has been cut behind the AUX connector. The cable connected to the Dash jack goes to the INPUT of the LD, the cable going to the radio end goes to the OUTPUT of the LD. Connect power and ground, set the gain and you should be ready to go.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
eakes said:
I readily agree, the 04 AUX in needs a boost. The simpliest way to do the job is with the stereo cable as I outlined above. The LD has RCA jacks and you will need RCA plugs to connect. Get a 6 foot stereo audio cable, cut it approximately into two halves, then prepare the ends of the cable to connect to the dash wiring that has been cut behind the AUX connector. The cable connected to the Dash jack goes to the INPUT of the LD, the cable going to the radio end goes to the OUTPUT of the LD. Connect power and ground, set the gain and you should be ready to go.

Thanks man...........That's what I needed............Something simple

1 - 7 of 7 Posts