Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made it a point to look whenever I see a Titan on the road and noticed that I have never seen a Titan with pin striping. I've been thinking about having mine done and was wondering what would be the best line to follow. Does anyone have pictures of their Titan that has been striped so I could get some ideas?

Thanks,
Duane

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have it on mine; bought it used and was there when I got it. Probably a dealer add-on. Mine runs just like roy said - just below the fender crest lines. It's double striping, one thicker than the other. On the deep water the thin white stripes show of the Titan's lines IMHO.

·
Premium Member
76,485 Posts
i haven't seen it on many titans but i have seen it on the armadas quite a bit.. generally a double line the top being thicker.. of course it's not really pin stripping, it's stickers.. lame.

as stated above it follows the fender lines.

there are also a few titans on the forum with graphics on the side if you wanted to get a bit wilder.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have dual light gray stripes on smoke.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Mine came with stripes but I had the dealer remove them before I bought it. I'm not a fan of them.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I don't really like the look of pinstripping on the Titan, pinstripping is usually a dealer add on, When I was in for service a couple weeks ago thier was a guy on the lot putting pinstripes on Maximas, he could put one down the side of the car in like 15 seconds.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
DeadRiver said:
i haven't seen it on many titans but i have seen it on the armadas quite a bit.. generally a double line the top being thicker.. of course it's not really pin stripping, it's stickers.. lame.

as stated above it follows the fender lines.

there are also a few titans on the forum with graphics on the side if you wanted to get a bit wilder.
I kinda like them if they are done right......faint yet accenting the the lines of the twisted steel and sex appeal. LOL

Yeah noone really gets into the paint striping much.......guess after qualudes and such went away and speed took over noone has the time!!!! :jester:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Duane...
Don't listen to the anti-pinstriping contingency. I couldn't wait to see mine striped and am definitely happy having done it. The tape is a great way to do it because if you don't like it it can be changed very easily. Live with it a while if you want to pinstripe it professionally with paint later, that option is always open. With no two tone options the Titan begs for a splash of color that sets off the lines. I did something unique to any other Titan I've seen. I used a tri color stripe on the sides and two color striped the hood " bump" to make it stand out. It reminds me of what they used to do with old chevelle hoods. I have pictures in my gallery, but they aren't the best. Will be doing more pictures in the future. I'll try to post them.
Go Stripe!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
76,485 Posts
roy365 said:
I kinda like them if they are done right......faint yet accenting the the lines of the twisted steel and sex appeal. LOL

Yeah noone really gets into the paint striping much.......guess after qualudes and such went away and speed took over noone has the time!!!! :jester:
There is a guy in Jersey, and old hot rodder, that still does it all by hand. he's done a few surfboards for my buddy and I'm dying to have him stripe my plastic engine cover and maybe rear bib. The problem is, like my buddy, he works when he feels like it, so reliability is a factor. It's really an amazing thing to watch, I just don't think I have the hand to do it though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to all who posted photos, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm normally not a big fan of pinstriping either, but my Titan is Blizzard white and it just looks a bit too plain. I figured a splash of color would do it justice. I like Bootzon's idea of doing it in tape first to gauge satisfaction, however, the final product would have to be painted as I never did like the tape. Everyone seems to be following the same line and I think it looks good, so I guess I'll go with that. Now to choose what colors.................

Thanks,
Duane

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
MantAscona said:
Now to choose what colors.................

Thanks,
Duane
How about an American built look with .5cm blue stripe on top, .3cm space, then .3cm red stripe, .3cm space, and another .3cm red stripe.
total stripe width 1.7 cm. Patriotic red white and blue.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Mine has pinstripes, I like how it looks, adds character and gives more definition to the natural lines of the truck.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I've got black and white stripes with teeny little "nissan" logos - on a Silver truck (well what's left of 'em)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts