Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As most know I've had an issue with my tranny not liking WOT so my times will reflect that. I did some things to baby it big time. My last time out were:
60' 2.150
330 6.081
1/8 9.384 @ 74.24
1000 12.254
1/4 14.66 @ 93.36
FST weight was 5310lbs

Here is the truck

The truck weight

The rear tires

And my second to last run

Not too shabby for very low boost and running at a max of half throttle. I'm trying to make sure my stock tranny lasts a few more weeks.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wow nice times man! Congrats, how much boost were you running?

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've worked hard and I wasn't quite ready to break something so I decided on take it easy in the beginning and then go half throttle while on the boost. I could have dropped the weight and had some tires that were not on or past the wearbars it probably would have had better times to reflect the trap speed but that wouldn't be FST. Just a look at the slip shows the top end potential. Titans that are near 100 or over 100mph trap speed have a much lower e.t.'s and much better 60' and 1/8th times. I wanted to have a honest comparison while keeping my tranny as safe from harm as possible while at the track.

I've always posted my track times and dyno graphs and vids. The lack of vids today was my fault for not transfering the pics/vids already on the card to the home pc. Live and learn, I guess. However, its mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned. "Veni Vidi Vici

Hey the pressure is all on their shoulders to at least match my numbers or beat them. If not, then they will be looked at as the performance shop that couldn't match the guy in his garage. I've been open about everything about the specifics. I've already convinced Toomnymods and I was at half throttle in the rain with 3 other passengers. My truck pulls hard at half throttle just imagine at WOT and you'll understand why I'm taking it easy.

While a shop can slap a kit together in a few weeks, can they say that they have already tested it for nearly 3k now from the cold and elevation of the far northern US all the way back to DFW? Can they say they have track tested? While the answer is likely no, at least I've set the bar for what everyone will expect from the other turbo makers. I was the first and I made sure to have my info available for all to see. Just another way to keep everyone honest.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Please excuse the ignorance here, as I've never been to the track. Remember I'm Stillen supercharged, LOL. You ran the 14.3, right

nevermind, i caught it in your sig.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Looks like a major step in the right direction. Good On Ya..... Now if we can only get you those sharks with the lasers in thier heads you might make it to the 12second club.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like a major step in the right direction. Good On Ya..... Now if we can only get you those sharks with the lasers in thier heads you might make it to the 12second club.
Who says I haven't already???

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Not to be negative, but I can run a 14.66 with a tuner, CAI, JBA cat back........

I will hold out to see a full on charge!! :D

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not to be negative, but I can run a 14.66 with a tuner, CAI, JBA cat back........

I will hold out to see a full on charge!! :D
Let me know when you run it at over 99mph weighing in over 5300lbs without a cai or cat-back? And do it at half throttle. Not trying to be negative, just take another look at the timeslip. You'll see I walked it out the gate.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Let me know when you run it at over 99mph weighing in over 5300lbs without a cai or cat-back? And do it at half throttle. Not trying to be negative, just take another look at the timeslip. You'll see I walked it out the gate.
I ran a 15.55 at, I think 89 or 90, without a tuner, and a 130° track temp!!

Oh yeah, a full tank of gas, and it's a CC......

So I think I qualify for the 5300lb range!!! :teethmast

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
I might try this!!!

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Sorry about the hard time, just waiting to see the real thing in action!!

Seeing is believing!! :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The concept is lost on you. There are some that were in contact with me while I was at the track and once I had secured a tow truck home I went for it. As I was going to get my slip, I was asked several questions by an agitated individual. I gave my honest answers. I was then told to not to go back to the staging lanes that day or in the future until I had a few items I was lacking. No slip was given. One item is at another members house, the other I can likely borrow.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I ran a 15.55 at, I think 89 or 90, without a tuner, and a 130° track temp!!

Oh yeah, a full tank of gas, and it's a CC......

So I think I qualify for the 5300lb range!!! :teethmast
I don't think I ever saw your post (timeslip) running a 15.55. Is it handy somewhere, thanks.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
I don't think I ever saw your post (timeslip) running a 15.55. Is it handy somewhere, thanks.
Maybe because I never posted it..?? :dunno:

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Oh, and the funny thing is, we had a stock 08' CC run a constant 15.35 at the same track, and same conditions......:D

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
This reminds alot of the bullydog threads......

Maybe you should wait, and post when you have everything right, and are ready to market it.

That way we don't have 20 threads with people who think it's great, and those of us who are not impressed....

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I'm fine with people not being impressed. I've been shutting up people like you for a long time and its not going to stop anytime soon. People have ran their mouth about this project of mine for a while. I did it on my own and I got it tuned without a piggyback or uprev. Some have manned up and said good job. Others like you will try to find anything negative to say. You and others like you are haters, plain and simple.

I even let Toomnymods go for a spin in it. It brought him out of his racing retirement. I even offered him the keys. If I can convince one of the top guys in titan know-how that should be enough. There isn't anything to prove. I've already been there and done that. Your just a person talking smack behind a keyboard that doesn't have a turbo system and can't interpret information on a timeslip.

Feel free to talk to be about anything regarding this after you have a turbo system on your truck. Until then your just a punk stuck with a handout hypertech.

Reactions: greg77
1 - 20 of 85 Posts