Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this off the board, and Ive had a lot of personal crap going on so I havent finished the nav install yet, but I got the headunit in and rolling. Anyway, heres a couple pics. The residue is from some tape I used to mock stuff up that I havent had time to clean off.

I had to use the factory brackets, reverse the sides and grind off the cupped part of the bracket so the bolts would lay flat. It still sits a little high, but it gave me the extra space behind the deck I needed.

I used a grinding wheel on a dremel the same size as the cable for the nav reciever install. You wouldnt be able to notice the cut without the cable there in case I ever remove it.

Ill be mounting the actual nav unit in the glove box with velcro. Pics of that to come.

So far the deck rules. Bluetooth is amazingly receptive. I usually just leave my phone in its case with the bluetooth on all the time, and the reciever finds it all the time. Everyone can hear me clearly, and its really nice to not have to hold my phone up or wear a headset all the time. I mounted the mic on below the gauges near the ignition. Its pretty unnoticable to passengers, but works great. I love the changing leds and the touchscreen. Dvds look amazing. Overall its a great deck, and Im sure Im not even close to using all its features.

·
Registered
1 Posts
looks good. what products did you need for wiring it to the truck? did you need a conversion kit? did you install the steering wheel controls converter?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the same head unit. I like it a lot. I did not get the nav add on though. I am not wild about the Metra faceplate. There seems to be some gaps on the side edges. I can live with it though. My current issue is I haven't found the sweet spot for encoding movies to a resolution that will use the screen to its potential. Your install looks really nice by the way. Very clean looking.

·
Vendor
711 Posts
Looks great dude! Sucks for the poor sap who sold it to you though, I bet it would have looked bomb in his truck too... :hi:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol......sorry man. I love it though.

To answer your question. I ordered an install kit through amazon so that I didnt have to do do any splicing. I also ordered the metra faceplate, although like tallguy Im not crazy about it. Id rather have a factory double din. Maybe Ill order one eventually. I did get the steering wheel(paq) adaptor, but I havent finished the install on it yet. Ill update with how the nav and the paq work when I get em done.

The only thing I dont like is I get a pop when I turn off the truck. I think one of my grounds isnt good enough.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the same annoying pop when I turn off the truck. I took it back to the shop and they said there is nothing more they could do. I have learned to live with it. They did say it wouldn't damage anything. I am guessing its the cheap RF amp that is causing it. I may get a second opinion on it though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Something that is driving me crazy about my 3200BT is that I cant find a resolution that works to my satisfaction for movies. The 3200BT will play DIVX files from either USB, SD slot or disc. If you get the cable for ipod you can also watch video from that as well. I have tried transcoding my movies to DIVX format and I am either getting a too small viewing area or one that is too big for the screen to display. I cannot seem to find that happy medium. I should add all my movies are in soft form .mkv format and converting is not an issue. If I convert the movie to a DVD it plays just fine and utilizes the entire screen. If I convert the movie to DIVX(MPEG4) into DVD format 720x576 resolution it wont display. I have tried backing the res down to 720x480 which will sometimes work. It is frustrating though. I have a 16GB sd card and it makes more sense to carry 10+ movies on it rather than to try and deal with a bunch of DVD discs. If anyone else has this head unit and has found a resolution that works for them shoot me the converter settings. Trial and error takes a while when you are converting video from one format to another.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I gave 450 for everything off the board.

I havent played with the dvds much and when I do its been a disc. Ill try a few on a media card and see what happens

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just bought the same setup and will be installing shortly. Question: What's with the two circular section of the Metra faceplate, to the right of the climate controls? My stock dash has nothing in that location, and the AUX hole is on the opposite side.

What's the story? Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I believe the two spots on the right have something to do with the differing climate control systems that have been offered for the Titan. I think its Metra's way of having one faceplate that fits all models essentially. Anyone else please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The two extra holes are for the rear temp controls in the armada, which has the same dash plate as the titan.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah Ive had it in for a few weeks now and I absolutely love it. Im gonna be installing an alpine type x 12 soon.........will post when I figure out how to stuff it back there. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts