Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just ordered this, but was told it is 0.3 inches to deep for our trucks...any one experienced anything like this before? :confused:

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
my Pioneer is a little deep as well so I custom made some brackets that would use different mounting holes, but even then it still sticks out a tiny tiny bit...and my double din has a couple fitment issues....

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did u mod the factory brackets off the stock? or make ur own? The crutchfield guy said that there is a bar or something that blocks it. My thinking is "hammer time"....

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
no i made my own using "plumbers tape" and a couple L brackets from home depot. And yeah the bar is there, i think it is the main support for the dash..

Reactions: IbChris

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont know if its the correct thing to do,but i used a hammer and bent in the support bar just enough for a perfect fit.it was tight though but sits flush
Yeah from reading the post on here, i'm thinking thats a good idea

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
no i made my own using "plumbers tape" and a couple L brackets from home depot. And yeah the bar is there, i think it is the main support for the dash..
We have the identical head unit and I didn't have that issue... With the metra dash kit, it sits flush

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the avh-4200, and it barely fits. Matter of fact, I cant use the front pre-outs due to the dash support bar. The sub pre-outs just barely clear the bar.

·
Registered
390 Posts
My JVC AVX830 was also too deep. I started out by pounding the piss out of the cross support bar behind the radio only to find that no matter how hard I hit and no matter how deep I dented it, it wasn't going to be enough. Finally, right before I took a saw zaw to it and cut it the F out all together, I was smart enough to call someone smarter than me. I gave James (Tech12Volt) a call and after a 20 minute conversation and about 30 minutes of following his direction, my radio fit fine.
I used the factory brackets, but had to modify them to mount further forward on the radios cage thus enabling the radio to sit out a little further. He walked me through the mod to the brackets and explained exactly how to do it. Wish I took pics, but if your looking at the brackets and the side of the radio where the mounts bolt, you'll need to drill the holes out a little so that you can move the brackets to fit into more forward holes. I only used two screws on each side if I remember correctly. It wasn't possible to make the bracket fit with three and still have any structural integrity.

Just to give myself a slight bit more room, I epoxied two 1/8" pieces of plastic to the dash side of the brackets to stand it off that extra 1/8". Now the radio fits perfect, the wires aren't kinked up and there's plenty of room for added accessories should I need it later.

Reactions: IbChris

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
Just installed my avicz120bt and its a tight fit but no problems otherwise. I'm actually working on installing my backup camera today. Good luck.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the insight guys about 80 days and I get to be reunited with my T

1 - 11 of 11 Posts