Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be heading out to Pismo on the 3rd and staying till the 5th of August.

So if any of you guys want to head out and ride the dunes and relax on the beach then you are more than welcome to join.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
SuperMario_N_Titan said:
I will be heading out to Pismo on the 3rd and staying till the 5th of August.

So if any of you guys want to head out and ride the dunes and relax on the beach then you are more than welcome to join.
Pismo was a fugging BLAST!!!! had some fun getting the titan almost stuck but for the most part gunned it on the packed and stormed thru the deep shyte to safety back onto packed! LOL!!! got stuck once and had to have a 4wd taco pull me out! after having fun in the titan the serious fun started when the wife and i rented a sandrail for 2 hours!!! HOLY SH!T was that the most fun EVER!!! hittin the huge a$$ berms and dropping down some crazy high berms was so much fun!!!! so much fun, i'm thinkin' of buying the wife and i a sandrail to tote up there!!!! won't be able to make that august date but the wife and i are headed up there in september for a wedding in Agoura Hills and have already decided we're gonna hit Pismo, correction, Oceano Dunes AGAIN!!!! fuggin' Pismo ROCKS!!!!!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Hey man how are you? I'd love to go but my motor is split in 1/2 on the ATV....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Justintoxicated said:
Hey man how are you? I'd love to go but my motor is split in 1/2 on the ATV....
I'm good.

That sucks. I was hoping you guys would see this thread and hopefully go, but your motor being split in 1/2 is not good news.

I was thinking to myself, "If Justin goes, I will make sure I don't end up behind him again eating all the sand his scat-traks throw into the air." :bang:

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
LOL yea that happens. Actualy other than being apart the motor is fine, but I'm in the process of making it faster. Getting some 4 mil stroker cheata cubs. Just ordered the crank today. If I had the money for it all I would have a much better chance in making it lol.

Oh well, have a good time, I'm sure others will go, the glamis trip was fun.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have never been to the dunes but I have read a little about it. I dont live too far away and thought it would be cool to take the girlfriend there. However, I could not find any information on what to expect for a newcomer and a novice to off roading. I have a complete stock SE titan CC 4x4 w/off road and BT. Is there any equipment I should invest in before I go. I dont plan on doing anything crazy. Just farting around on the beach and hanging out.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
netboy said:
I have never been to the dunes but I have read a little about it. I dont live too far away and thought it would be cool to take the girlfriend there. However, I could not find any information on what to expect for a newcomer and a novice to off roading. I have a complete stock SE titan CC 4x4 w/off road and BT. Is there any equipment I should invest in before I go. I dont plan on doing anything crazy. Just farting around on the beach and hanging out.
welp, 4 wheel drive makes a world of difference in the sand so you're good there. if you're just gonna fart around your air pressure in your tires should be fine, but if you choose to go further into deeper sand you'll definitely want to air down to at least 20psi or bit lower if possible. airing down will greatly increase your tire surface area and allow for more floatation in the sand as opposed to pizza cutting yourself stuck, but the 4wd helps a ton! you should be good. remember to accelerate slowly when in sand and avoid braking to a stop in sand as opposed to coasting to a stop. avoid dunes if possible, if you come to one make sure you ONLY go straight down one or straight up one. taking one at an angle will increase your chances of a rollover! so don't do it! bear in mind, there's a lot of dunes out there that come out of nowhere if you're not paying attention. oh yeah, remember to air up when you hit the road and have fun! :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts