Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased a Rough Country 2 inch leveling kit and sway bar links from another member. I have a 2006 Nissan Titan 4wd King cab and plan to replace the
Strut assemblies,sway bar links, Upper and lower ball joints when I am installing the leveling spacers. I have heard mixed reviews and am looking for some certainty in regards
to a few things.With the spacers will I run into any issues with the UCA and strut bucket? I don't necessarily want to shell out 300 bucks for new RC UCAs but I would like to
level my truck, I also am curious if with the truck will need rear blocks after replacing the from struts and springs because they are older and I assume they will have 150k
of driving on them and I don't want a Cali Lean truck lol. Just looking for some insight and advice from those that have dealt with the matter first hand.

Thanks in Advance,
Dillon

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 6” RC kit and had the 2” leveler before. I couldn’t do the rough ride, no matter how much better the T looked. UCA’s WILL hit the bucket. You will feel EVERY. SINGLE. BUMP in the road. You’re talking $200 for the kit. $300 for the UCA’s. Plus, you’re doing ball joints and so on. Sock away what you can and get the full lift kit, 3” or 6”(or 30” Bulletproof) Between $1100-$1600 ($7k for the bulletproof) but it will be worth it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 6” RC kit and had the 2” leveler before. I couldn’t do the rough ride, no matter how much better the T looked. UCA’s WILL hit the bucket. You will feel EVERY. SINGLE. BUMP in the road. You’re talking $200 for the kit. $300 for the UCA’s. Plus, you’re doing ball joints and so on. Sock away what you can and get the full lift kit, 3” or 6”(or 30” Bulletproof) Between $1100-$1600 ($7k for the bulletproof) but it will be worth it

SirMyers, I appreciate the feedback. What year is your truck? I heard that he Pre-08 Models had no issues running the Leveling spacers because the spring bucket is relocated in a different area on the frame. I am pretty committed to installing in the spring but I do appreciate your advice, I am in the middle of planning a wedding so my funds are pretty tight and the Fiancee really doesn't want me sinking more money into the truck. You are the first to mention a bad ride though, But I heard its an easy install so I might just do it and if I don't like it I will revert to stock. I hope I get more feedback in this thread because I have heard both ends, either its great with no issues or its a nightmare that hits the bucket.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And also, Has anyone ever installed the spacers on new Struts assembly and have you had any issues?

·
Registered
14 Posts
SirMyers, I appreciate the feedback. What year is your truck? I heard that he Pre-08 Models had no issues running the Leveling spacers because the spring bucket is relocated in a different area on the frame. I am pretty committed to installing in the spring but I do appreciate your advice, I am in the middle of planning a wedding so my funds are pretty tight and the Fiancee really doesn't want me sinking more money into the truck. You are the first to mention a bad ride though, But I heard its an easy install so I might just do it and if I don't like it I will revert to stock. I hope I get more feedback in this thread because I have heard both ends, either its great with no issues or its a nightmare that hits the bucket.
‘06. I tried grinding and still got bucket contact

·
Premium Member
74,123 Posts
1. With the spacers will I run into any issues with the UCA and strut bucket? I don't necessarily want to shell out 300 bucks for new RC UCAs but I would like to level my truck,

2. I also am curious if with the truck will need rear block
1. Yes. With stock UCAs you will have coil bucket contact. Even with extended bump stops you'll have it. If you don't plan to bottom out over bumps all the time you'll be OK. I ran spacers and stock UCAs and only had issues when the truck hit full droop. If you're doing ball joints on the uppers you may want to consider just replace the assembly.

2. You may need blocks OR you may want to get new rear shackles that are adjustable. PRG makes them, not sure who else does but I'm sure others do.

Rent the ball joint tools from Autozone, you'll thank me later. I'm pretty sure I used the Dodge stuff but I don't remember.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dead River, what exactly did you mean by this?
If you don't plan to bottom out over bumps all the time you'll be OK.
I live in a city and rarely will be off road, so I don't plan on a ton of suspension travel. I did plan on replacing the complete UCA assembly and then just the lower ball joint by itself.
Thanks for the tip about the ball joint kit. I guess what I am curious about now is the contact between the UCA and bucket loud or hurt or just an annoyance? Like does the benefit of a level looking truck out weigh the occasional hit on the bucket? I really despise the rake of my truck currently and I am not looking to lift it sky high but just want it level. I really do appreciate you guys responses!!!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
So heres the deal. You can very likely level your truck without CBC, but there are a few who get CBC even with a level. The bucket hasn't moved (other than sort of randomly from one truck to the next during production) but early trucks had different springs than later trucks, especially in 2wd models.

You don't want CBC, however, because it will eventually cause your UCA to break, and you will wreck the truck when it does. Even around town, parking lot driveways, speed bumps, and all the road imperfections around town has meant everywhere I've ever lived, means CBC if you lift your truck more than a simple level without swapping to aftermarket UCAs. Theres a sticky thread about what level works with what year and drive truck, so read that. It will tell you all you need to know. If you just want level, the 2" kit you have should fit your 06 4wd without CBC, but there is a chance you'll get CBC anyway (see the random bucket movement comment above). If you're buying new UCAs, shop around for a set of used RC UCAs and I suspect for the same price, you could have extra clearance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So heres the deal. You can very likely level your truck without CBC, but there are a few who get CBC even with a level. The bucket hasn't moved (other than sort of randomly from one truck to the next during production) but early trucks had different springs than later trucks, especially in 2wd models.
Whats CBC? I am lost now, bucket contact?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts