Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
it works well on everything. i have done my emblems, tailgate burger, whiper cowl and whiper arms

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
but make sure whatever you are spraying is bone dry! there was a little bit of water hiding in the A of the 'titan' and it didnt stick on the inside. but all you have to do is peel it off and respray it:teethmast

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its extremely dry here thanks for the tip though. Oh quick question when I go to Peel it off do I need to cut around the letters or will it not Peel off the chrome.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Its extremely dry here thanks for the tip though. Oh quick question when I go to Peel it off do I need to cut around the letters or will it not Peel off the chrome.
mine peeled right off around the letters but it wouldnt hurt to have a razor blade handy just incase. make sure its good and dry before you go to peel it off. it makes it way easier and it should come off in a couple of big chunks

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm done and they look amazing. So much easier then trying to tape off and beeline them I'll post pics tomorrow after work

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
mine peeled right off around the letters but it wouldnt hurt to have a razor blade handy just incase. make sure its good and dry before you go to peel it off. it makes it way easier and it should come off in a couple of big chunks
How often if you have to redo them?
I'm curious if plastidip peels off so easy or wipes of on the paint how well does it last on the badges? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
How often if you have to redo them?
I'm curious if plastidip peels off so easy or wipes of on the paint how well does it last on the badges? Thanks.
its been on for about a month for me and it hasnt chipped cracked faded or peeled off at all. its been sitting in the lovely south GA heat, rain, its been covered in ash because of wild fires we have down here and been washed and scrubbed a few times and its still holding strong. as long as you prep the surface of what you are spraying and its dry then you shouldnt have any trouble

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
what about the key holes?
i havent done my handles yet, but you could just mask it off for pop off the trim piece around it spray it and pop it back on

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I couldn't figure out how to get the trim off so I just put in a lil tape. Started about half an hour ago. Only one coat done so far but I will let y'all know

·
Registered
102 Posts
can you post some pics?

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
how does this work? Spray the emblems and badges, then the spray comes right off the paint? seems too easy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts