Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am missing the gold-ish tan-colored plastic piece that fits over the buttons on the left side of the steering wheel as shown by the red arrow. I understand that some of these vary with year, design, options, etc. but the one pictured is exactly what I need. Anyone know of a parts place or website that would have this or a good lead to find one? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
How did you lose it? I think you have to take the whole steering wheel off just to take it off.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I bet a junkyard would sell you that part for $1 if they have any.

·
Premium Member
15,750 Posts
How did you lose it? I think you have to take the whole steering wheel off just to take it off.
nope. two bolts in the side of the steering wheel, then pull the horn/airbag assembly, and your golden..

apparently your supposed to disconnect the battery and wait at least 8 minutes before messing with the airbag. :huh:

i pulled mine and painted them.

but yea a pick a part or something would be your best bet. you will need a 1/4 drive ratchet, or adapter, 2in extension, and i think its a 10mm socket.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all for the info. I'll get busy and see what surfaces. While on the subject of stock parts, how about the original Nissan foglight kit? I checked inside the front bumper and I am all pre-wired for them, I just need the kit. I found a few websites that have them but thought I'd check with the members here to see if there's one good place with cheaper prices. Thanks in advance.

Also, please disregard the way I worded my original post, I meant to say the part is "missing" almost all of its goldish paint as the previous owner rubbed it all off I guess. Thanks for the correction.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Thanks to all for the info. I'll get busy and see what surfaces. While on the subject of stock parts, how about the original Nissan foglight kit? I checked inside the front bumper and I am all pre-wired for them, I just need the kit. I found a few websites that have them but thought I'd check with the members here to see if there's one good place with cheaper prices. Thanks in advance.

Also, please disregard the way I worded my original post, I meant to say the part is "missing" almost all of its goldish paint as the previous owner rubbed it all off I guess. Thanks for the correction.
Check with Fontana Nissan as they are a sponsor here for the fog lights kit.

As for the steering wheel paint coming off, it's a common issue.
Mine is half way rubbed off.
Look at this post
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...05826-fix-finish-steering-wheel-controls.html

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I checked Fontana Nissan and they have the same thing as the others, just the full button kit and not just the cover. I've found 3 different websites, all with a price range between $47 and $53 just for the Audio button kit (left side only!!) I'll pass and just deal with it for now. $53 can go toward a lot better upgrade somewhere!

·
Premium Member
15,750 Posts
if its just missing the paint, take them off and paint them with krylon. that is what i did. my left side, (radio controls) was pretty rough.

i used painters tape and taped off the words then sprayed them.

·
Premium Member
15,750 Posts

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/buy-sell/110992-sale-complete-fog-light-kit-w-stalk-non-auto.html

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are you saying then when you are taking the audio controls out, there is a plastic cover (or cap) that pops off? I want to paint mine, so can I just take out the airbag and pop off those caps? Thanks!

BBfan... if so, this may be the best way to strip the paint off before we put on our new covers... then we could paint them shiny black or buff them to a nice shine with polishing compound...

·
Premium Member
15,750 Posts
yep. there are 2 covers on the sides of your steering wheel. pop those off and you will see 2 bolts. you will need an extension to get to them (10mm socket i think). once they are out. the horn/airbag pulls out. the covers snap on top and bottom. just use a flat screwdriver or something to pop them loose and off they come. the controls themselves stay put.

disconnect the battery and wait 10 min or so before messing with the airbag assembly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts