Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went hunting yesterday, we've had a bunch of snow recently and some high winds. Alot of the row lines had drifts in them and haven't been driven on. I decided it was time to see what the new Titan was capable of. Went through some drifts that were 10-12 inches deep, none longer than 15-20 feet. I had it in 4 low a couple of times but never got stuck or bogged down. The amazing part was that I did it with the stock Wrangler SR-A's, can't wait to get some real tires for this truck!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yeah, the titan does real good in the snow. I've mobbed through some pretty deep snow myself with no problem. You'll really be diggin it once you put some good rubber on there.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I took my stock SR-A tires to the local mud pits this weekend, and they did pretty good. I could tell I was sliding around more than the guys with the MTs, but I wasn't getting stuck either. I could tell however that a locking rear would have come in handy had I been in worse than I was. Wish I had some snow to play in.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I went hunting yesterday, we've had a bunch of snow recently and some high winds. Alot of the row lines had drifts in them and haven't been driven on. I decided it was time to see what the new Titan was capable of. Went through some drifts that were 10-12 inches deep, none longer than 15-20 feet. I had it in 4 low a couple of times but never got stuck or bogged down. The amazing part was that I did it with the stock Wrangler SR-A's, can't wait to get some real tires for this truck!

Glad to hear that. Titan rules!

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a little braver today, drove down an untracked road that was about a mile long most of it was 6-10 inches deep, but I hit a spot that was drifted to about 18 inches, went about 20 yards in this and then she couldn't do anymore. I managed to get going after about 10 minutes of reverse then forward, repeat. Only moved a couple inches back and forth each time but I kept making it further and further and finally was out of the drift. This was about 50 yards before I got stuck.

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
Got a little braver today, drove down an untracked road that was about a mile long most of it was 6-10 inches deep, but I hit a spot that was drifted to about 18 inches, went about 20 yards in this and then she couldn't do anymore. I managed to get going after about 10 minutes of reverse then forward, repeat. Only moved a couple inches back and forth each time but I kept making it further and further and finally was out of the drift. This was about 50 yards before I got stuck.
You should buy some good a/t or m/t tires for the snow, and put the wranglers back on in the summer. Just a suggestion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts